Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
Having purchased a new wing (my first) i was told about a product called Paint Protection Film made by 3M by the dealer. Apparently this is a clear film that is used to cover the pannels of your bike and protects the paint, it is scratch resistant and does not fade. My question is, has anyone had this done on their bike and if so does it work, i know in theory it sounds great. This is one of there claims.
The protective film is made of an optically clear, high gloss, non-yellowing urethane film and it’s guaranteed for life against yellowing or cracking due to UV exposure. The protective film comes in thicknesses of 0.15mm and 0.30mm but it is still extremely high puncture resistant. It adheres strongly, yet it can be removed cleanly without any residue from fully cured paint
Any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
W D U, Never used it on the bike however we did use it on the leading edge of wings of our Formula Continental race cars to keep the sand/debris/gravel from taking the paint off. It definetly works but I think you can see that it's on, not that that's bad. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I have the front nose mask waiting in my wish list at Wing Stuff. First chip I see in the front then I'm buying it.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
My 98 GL1500 SE had a strip of it on the lower cowel behind the wheel to keep the paint from getting blasted by junk. It was still on when I traded the bike in 2009. Seemed to work fine. Wish they had the same thing on the 2009.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My '95 Aspy had strip in the same place as Two Wheel Wing, but it was checkered and discolored. I removed it; not an easy task.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts