Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, from the new kid in Ontario,
I have a bucket list item that some may be able to help with.
Recently retired, I would like to ride the Pacific coast in 2011. In the past I have driven the coast from San Francisco north to the Oregon boarder in the car. It was great. How does that compare to the Oregon coast, if I am able to persuade my wife ride that section this coming year. We have a '05 wing.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
The Oregon Coast is beautiful.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
talam, Welcome to the Site. We have lots of good people here with equally good discussion & just the right amount of nonsenese.

I've done some of the Ca coast from San Fran up but went inland when we got to Oregon. Had to make time to get to Seattle. We have several Or guys here as well as some Washington as well. I'm sure they will chime in to help.

Ride Safe. You have got to love bucket lists. I have one myself.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
I've never done that trip, but if you liked it in a cage, you will love it on a Wing. Ride safe and welcome to the forum from the Keystone state.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi, from the new kid in Ontario,
I have a bucket list item that some may be able to help with.
Recently retired, I would like to ride the Pacific coast in 2011. In the past I have driven the coast from San Francisco north to the Oregon boarder in the car. It was great. How does that compare to the Oregon coast, if I am able to persuade my wife ride that section this coming year. We have a '05 wing.
Cheers.

Welcome to a great forum. Hope your ride works out for you. :)

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Hello from Miami... Welcome aboard. I have driven the Pacific Coast in a car but never on a bike. I would imagine it would be a wonderful experience. One that I'd love to do. Now you've got me thinking..............

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from Alberta talam. My wife and I did the run from Astoria down to Redwood City back in the early 90's, it's a fantastic ride with lots to see and places to stop. On the return trip we went across country from Crescent city to Redding and then north up I-5 to Klamath Falls. Crater Lake is what I'd consider a must see if you're already in the area. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Once you are in Oregon keep going up into Washington, Stay on 101 all the way to Port Townsend ( can not see as much of the ocean as in Oregon but the Olympic mountains are great. then take the Ferry across to Whidbey Island. When you get off the ferry look for signs to Coupeville, stop in Tobey's for Salmon and Chips (it's like Fish and Chips only made with breaded Salmon) then head north through Oak Harbor at the North end of Whidbey Island take Hwy 20 east over the Cascade Mountain a truly beautiful ride. If you are going to be in the Hwy 20 area let me know might be able to give a guided tour over the Cascades. Once over the Cascades you can head south on Hwy 97 or visit places like Grand Coulee Dam, Stay for the laser Light show at night.
So Much To See, So Little Time.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts