Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left VA on Friday afternoon and then drove to Reading, PA to stay the night with a friend. She and I then left the next morning to visit the Hudson Valley near West Point and then travelled on to West Springfield, MA to stay the night. We travelled as much off-interstate as possible on the way up and ran about half interstate on the way home.

Views from the area that we visited:

Looking south from Rt 218 just north of West Point. Unfortunately you cannot see the Military Academy grounds from the western side of the river.

Old rail line that used to bring the cadets to West Point from the north. Yeah, it is hundreds of feet straight down from here. I think the bolts are here to remind people that the rocks here fall with regularity. 218 is routinely shut down each year in the fall/winter because of rock slides.

Bannerman’s Castle (Scotty's Castle) as seen from the south of the island and Newburgh. That is also the Newburgh-Beacon bridge in the distance.

Once this was Ladysmith College, but now is part of the Military Academy and is used for the Museum and Visitor's Center. I actually worked in the brick building in 1984-1985 when I was stationed here at USMA as part of the staff.

Thayer Gate - no getting past here unless you have a DoD badge, I'm sad to say.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Sweet! Glad you didn't go alone. It would have been a SHAME to enjoy this ride without a FRIEND along. " Having a cup holder on your bike is the first sign of the onset of wisdom " .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing the pics. Ride safe..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Pictures

Great pictures... I guess there was something left to see in the East. I guess I will have to go back there some time...

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Nice pictures

Thank you for the pictures. Looked like a nice ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts