Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I did a solo trip from San Antonio to Poplar Bluff, MO to visit my daughter. I also made a point of taking the best bike roads to get there. The Butler map helped a lot. Hwy 1 from around Antlers OK to Mena Ar was the best of the trip. I spent a couple days in the Harrison AR area as well. Hwy 123 was great. The roads from Jasper to Kingsland were awesome as well. Lots of twisties and hills. Lots of hanging off the side of mountains. And hanging off the side of my wing (I go faster without Mama on board). Excellent road quality. Saw the best fall colors of my life. The pictures do it no justice. Also while at a gas pump, I had an idiot BACK INTO my bike. Fortunately no damage was done. I also got to ride a couple hundred miles in cold rain. When I left MO, it was 32 degrees out. If not for my recently purchased Synergy heated jacket liner, I would have froze. As it was, I was quite comfortable. With chemical heat packs in my gloves, all was well at freezing temps. Had extreme wind coming through Dallas. A 55 gallon oil drum Bar B Que pit got BLOWN out of the back of a pick up truck right into my path. I dodged the pit, but went through the cloud of ash it made when it exploded. All in all, a great trip. What advercity was thrown at me, I was able to deal with. A few notches of experience were gained.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Nice pics. Silver I have all was wanted to ride that way and I'm glad you had a great time and do you have anymore pics. I love the fall rides.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Great looking ride...Ralphumor and I are talking about doing the Ozarks this summer. I would like to know more about these Butler maps.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Great looking ride...Ralphumor and I are talking about doing the Ozarks this summer. I would like to know more about these Butler maps.
So when do we go.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
:DYou get the maps and I will follow.:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Butlermaps.com will take you there. They have done all the research on the best motorcyle roads to key areas of the country. They rate and mark the best roads. A lot of times these are roads you wouldn't even find on a regular map. They have made a huge difference in me being able to find the best rides. I have used Texas Hill Country, Colorado and lately, the Ozarks. I almost went to Moab, but will do that trip some other time. You won't be disapointed.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Looks like a nice relaxing ride.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Great pictures and thanks for taking us along. I've been up past Harrison but didn't have a chance to ride the area. Thanks for adding a couple more roads to my list.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Very nice pics of beautiful countryside. I've done of a bit of riding in the Ozarks, but want to do more. I agree that the Butler maps are excellent.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Some times the solo trips are the best. They give you time to reflect and go at your own pace.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
It's all on Ralphumor.....I just tag a long

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Just in the pre pre planning stage. Hopein we can alot of GWOF folks out an do some meetin an eatin :D. Oh yep some riddin as well. Stay tuned for details

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Just in the pre pre planning stage. Hopein we can alot of GWOF folks out an do some meetin an eatin :D. Oh yep some riddin as well. Stay tuned for details
Just put the word out. That area sounds interesting to me.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd bet solo trips would be good. There has been many a place I did not pull over and explore since bits of history don't interest the Mrs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts