Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone making the trip up for the Oyster Run on Sept 25th in Anacortes? My girl friend and I are planning on riding up for lunch..... and ride back home.

Here is the link to the flyer.

If you have not seen the Cossacks perform.... this is a must see:

Open to suggestions for the route, but I would enjoy riding back down Whidbey Island and across the Multito Ferry.

My last visit to the Oyster Run was two years ago and when we got to the Mulito Ferry, the entire ferry was full of motorcycles..... not one car.

Some loud motorcycles and the respective riders dressed like pirates, but a bunch people out enjoying the day.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Gawd man, stab me in the heart, I love oysters!!!! But I can't afford the time to get there and back. would take me the better part of a week to do it. What I get for living where I do I guess. Have fun all that can go:eek:

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Just be careful Larry, seems every year somebody gets stupid and runs into some other bike/biker, either going or coming.
Betty and I usually head east over the Cascades that week end.

Enjoy,be safe and have a good time.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Would enjoy the oysters, but not the crowd. :(
I guess I'll be staying home and buying oysters. :eek:

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a great ride up there and back. Cloudy but no rain until I was on main street and it poured like crazy for 20 minutes. We went up Widbey Island, so that meant a ferry boat ride coming and going. It was fun being on the ferry with 200+ motorcycles on the ferry.

Seemed to be quite a few pirates running around town. I was amazed to see how many folks were flying colors. More and more women riding their own these days too.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I did the ferry run over to Blake Island in a previous life. I don't do fish, but I do do oysters. Limp Lee says, " Keep it up, Eat Oysters! ".

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
glad you had a good time on the oyster run. there aremore lady riders in my area than ever before

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Sounds like a good time. I used to have a short trip to get oysters but now it takes a few hours to get down to Pass Christian. Sounds like a good excuse to go for a ride. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts