Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these? I'm wondering if they are worth the money for the ease of use. My main reason for wanting to use these is I really don't have anywhere to instal an on/off switch or controller for regular heated grips, and with these, I could just remove them when I'm not using them...

Thoughts?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
OK, so are they battery powered, rechargeable, what?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
where do you get them at

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
They would still require some form of control switch 919; on/off, hi/lo whatever. Since your 919 is a bare scoot, there could be some form of handlebar clamp switch that you could use (like they use on some snowmobiles) and some cautious use of wireloom and ties could clean up the battery connections. Or you could put a small rocker switch on the left sidecover too. Just a couple thoughts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think that before I would go this route, I would go for heated gloves. I can't think they'd be comfy or very safe wrapped around the bar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I've decided against these, I've received word they tend to melt factory grip, which I'm still usings. So, I think I'll get the grip inserts, and found a way to mount a rocker switch under the seat. Not an ideal location, but better than having it dangle...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why not just get the Gerbings Heated gloves if you have to go to all the trouble of wiring these to the bike. Gloves are much warmer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts