Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya Folks

I started looking at oversize windshield.
There is one on EBAY that is 2 inches wider and 3 1/2 inches taller.

My wife still gets a bit too much wind in the back and I am really thinking of changing the windshield.

Plus the windshield I have does not stay all the way up.. more KM I do.. lower it gets.. LOL..

So.. oversize or not.. tinted or not.... and Which one is the best price for quality?

Thanks folks

Paul

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Paul another thread that will bring tons of opinions. I have a Slipstreamer swept back style 3" taller than stock. Love it & it was only $130 US from Wingstuff which is very reasonable. Now having said that if I was in the market right now I would be looking at either an F-4 or Vstream. The taller windshield will help your wife. A lot of guys don't like looking thru a windshield but it doesn't bother me at all.

Let the comments begin.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My 1500 has a Tulsa Tall on it,i love it and so do my passengers.And i'm in the group that would rather look thru it,than partly over it. My bike came with it,so if i need a replacement it will be that or something similar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul another thread that will bring tons of opinions. I have a Slipstreamer swept back style 3" taller than stock. Love it & it was only $130 US from Wingstuff which is very reasonable. Now having said that if I was in the market right now I would be looking at either an F-4 or Vstream. The taller windshield will help your wife. A lot of guys don't like looking thru a windshield but it doesn't bother me at all.

Let the comments begin.

LOL.. I checked both.. They seem good.

I was looking at this one on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Oversize-Tall-Wi...Accessories?hash=item439eb7dcaf#ht_2315wt_911

I am in Canada.. so if I can find a dealer in Canada, its better for the shipping cost.

Paul

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Ws size

I think 2" wider is insignificant, go 4 " at least. Height increase sounds ok but I would want to be able to put the windshield in low position and still see over it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think 2" wider is insignificant, go 4 " at least. Height increase sounds ok but I would want to be able to put the windshield in low position and still see over it.

I always look thru it now... I find it unconfortable to look above it..

I am too small I think

Paul

·
Registered
449 Posts

Let the comments begin.
As always, fossil has given you quality info. The wife and I just bought the National cycle Vstream. Scratch resistant like the F4, water just blows away when it rains, and heck I saw them shoot one with a 12-gauge shotgun and it did not shatter. It's 6mm thick which a stock windscreen is about 3.5mm, yet it is still adjustable up and down. It comes with a refined vent already installed. BUT the main reason......it moves the air bubble past your co-rider taking them out of the turbulance. Well worth the coins.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just installed a F4 +4 (with vent) on my 2010 Wing. Don't have a lot of miles on it, but so far I like it a lot! IMHO it's better than stock. I don't mind looking thru the windshield - it's clear as glass, no distortion. I am tall so the stock windshield gave me a lot of helmet buffeting and noise. Don't know how rain will act with the new shield, but I assume it will just fly over me. Only thing to note is the +4 is not adjustable up and down like stock. It is sturdier/thicker. Install was a piece of cake. Kinda pricey and comes with 4 year warranty.
Rob

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I had a Tulsa tinted windshield on my 98 GL1500 and really liked it. The only mistake I made was not getting the vent. Lots of choices out there. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody from Canada has a good place to buy the VStream..

It seems it would be the best choice for me and wife

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry for the hijack ot this thread , but after been out in one of our rare sunny days , i found that it was ok in full sun or shade , but if i came to a bend with tree cover i had to slow down and look around screen to see the road , At 6ft,5 , i am used to looking over screens ,but the one on now means i must look through it which gives this scary moment . Would a VSTREAM help me out , and is there anywhere else i could get a better price , UK price is rip off ,Cheaper to ship from states , $235 inc postage so far .Any help again would be great from my American Cousins ,so long as you not stuck watching Football , Boring , Thanks again and sorry for hijack , shoot me if you like .

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Paul, Wingstuff's shipping rates to Canada are pretty reasonable. Anything I can't get through our own shop that's where I turn. Don't sell your local dealer short until you see if they can cut you a deal on one. The Vstream should be available through Parts Canada/Powertwins from your dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paul, Wingstuff's shipping rates to Canada are pretty reasonable. Anything I can't get through our own shop that's where I turn. Don't sell your local dealer short until you see if they can cut you a deal on one. The Vstream should be available through Parts Canada/Powertwins from your dealer.

Will call my guy locally and see if he can make a deal.
I also have a place in the USA where I bought virago seat that is pretty descent and sends as replacement part.. so no duties :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found a good deal I think. Cheapest I have found.
209.99 USD for VSTREAM

So I ordered it. I hope it is not too complicated to install.
ANd I hope it will stop the windshield from going down by itself as my old one is doing

Thanks for the help folks

Paul

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Curious Paul, what year is your bike? There could be something not right with your adjuster mechanism.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1990 GL1500 SE

It goes up.. and seems to stay up..but after 50km or so.. it start lowering slowly...
I think I have to tighten all the screws... but will only do that when I get new windshield

:D

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I have reveived my VSTREAM windshield.
I installed it and the shape of it is a bit weird.

I went and just did about 50km(30 Miles) and I loved it. Its clear. I still get enough wind but I dont get that turbulence I used to get on my ears.

Looking forward to weekend to take it on a longer ride and to see if my wife likes it too.

Paul

1 - 18 of 18 Posts