Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride today on my 85 Aspencade. About 15 miles each way, and then across town. I noticed about 2 miles ffrom home, that my temp gauge was 1 bar from the top. First question is, as far as the bars on the temp gauge, what is safe, and what is too hot? Question #2 is, took the car tonight to go over to the inlaws, and when I came back, I noticed a wet spot under the bike. Checked it, and it was antifreeze coming from the overflow. Do I need to be worried. Or is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
9,878 Posts
I'm not the best one to ask about mechanical stuff, but antifreeze under the bike and overheating are not good signs. Maybe a bad cap or air in the system or something bigger. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in here shortly with more information.

·
Super Moderator
11,890 Posts
One bar from the top is not normal. Do you hear the fan kick on? It should be on when you reach 4-5 bars. If not, the temperature switch for the fan has probably gone bad, which is common. Don't ride the bike until you have a chance to check it out.

·
Super Moderator
11,890 Posts
It's located on top of of the engine, in the thermostat housing. You will need to remove the right lower fairing to access it. You can test the fan motor and circuit by grounding the wire temporarily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts