Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a quick and accurate response! Can the earlier chrome headlight assemblies of the 2001-2010 Wings fit into the 2012 bike? I want to swap out the black reflectors on my 2012 for the earlier 2010 unit, because the black reflectors make the bike invisible from the side, at intersections at night. WHY Honda decided to create this safety issue is beyond me, but all I know is that the earlier bikes have a bright headlight visible from the side at night, and the 2012 cannot be seen from the side at all at night.

I ordered the chrome headlight assemblies from Honda already. I sure HOPE they can be swapped out! :eek: If not, it will be a costly error. :(

·
Registered
473 Posts
To answer your question, I sure don't know, but I do know there is an aftermarket to change the silver to black! I have also given this subject some thought, but not in regards to the headlight. In the grand scheme of things, the GL is the most well lit motorcycle in the industry from the front and from behind, IMO...but like every other bike, it lacks on the sides, have you noticed the lighting on other bikes on the road? What lighting:eek: Don't get me wrong, I'm also looking at adding some lighting to the side of my 2012, I'm the one who recently striped the front wheel with reflective tape for petes sake! I understand more light is a good thing, but in all reality, is it going to do that much good? I mean if the cager at the stop sign doesn't see you with the twins glaring at him, or if someone is running a stop sign, all the lighting in the world won't save you...only your awareness and riding skills will. Good luck with your project, hope it turns out how you want. Ride Safe!

Respectfully
Whacker

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
I believe that the headlights can be swapped, you can buy the 2012 version to upgrade earlier GL1800's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts