Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Wingers! Bought my first Goldwing this week and signed up here yesterday. 1985 Limited Edition. Didn't have an owner's manual so that's been ordered online and awaiting it's arrival. Meantime, where's the most likely place to look for a rear suspension air problem? Are they prone to leak at certain areas? It sounds like the pump is working, but I can't seem to inflate the rear and have very little control at the front for that matter.Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
do yourself a favor and order some progressive air shocks and the kit to replace you 30yr old shocks

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You purchase a set of Progressive rear shocks and then you purchase the air line kit to hook it up to the Wing's on-board air compressor.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Can I assume from your name that your home is Virginia? Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not opposed to replacing the shocks. I just want to ascertain that is the problem before I replace them. I am not the kind of person that troubleshoots by replacing parts. (I would guess half of the spark plugs thrown away these days are just fine.)

Thanks for the welcomes, I should have probably perused this site before I bought the bike; having more information usually helps. And yes, I'm from Virginia.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to GWOF vawinger. It's common for the air shocks of that vintage to be shot, that's why the suggestion by detdrbuzzard.

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
It sounds like the air filter on the compressor is plugged. I'm not sure where it is located on your bike, but I bet that is all you need to repair. I have a 1984 and the shocks hold air through the winter with no problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses. When I get time, I will check every line and fitting in the system, probably starting with the air filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts