Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The last couple years, Leslie and I have made a late Summer trip. This year we started out on what was supposed to be a 2600 mile jaunt, but turned into a 3472 mile expedition. We started out in Rigby, Idaho on the 24th of August, and finally returned home on September 7th. Over the course of those 15 days we traveled over Beartooth Pass, through Yellowstone, into Mt. Rainier NP, and around Crater Lake. We also met forum friends and made some new ones, while meeting up with family. The last time I was at that little store in Silver Gate, Montana, was 31 years ago, I was in the Army and fighting the forest fires there. Thought I'd throw up a few pics from our trip. Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the side ways pics, here are a few more. The star was given to me by a couple we met in Ontario, Oregon. They were both Patriot Guard Riders, awesome folks, and in the process of riding the lower 48 states before the snow flies

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
It's a beautiful area and it looks like you timed it right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a beautiful area and it looks like you timed it right.
The timing couldn't have been better, out of 15 days, we hit rain for all of 20 minutes when in Oregon, and that was just the tail end of it. The rest of the trip was perfect. In the future I want to plan a few days for each of these areas so I have time to really stop and photograph them in a little more detail.

·
Super Moderator
28,032 Posts
Nicely done, great pics.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
The last couple years, Leslie and I have made a late Summer trip. This year we started out on what was supposed to be a 2600 mile jaunt, but turned into a 3472 mile expedition. We started out in Rigby, Idaho on the 24th of August, and finally returned home on September 7th. Over the course of those 15 days we traveled over Beartooth Pass, through Yellowstone, into Mt. Rainier NP, and around Crater Lake. We also met forum friends and made some new ones, while meeting up with family. The last time I was at that little store in Silver Gate, Montana, was 31 years ago, I was in the Army and fighting the forest fires there. Thought I'd throw up a few pics from our trip. Enjoy
I am impressed with the way that wing can stay upright when tipped 90 degrees o_O

1 - 8 of 8 Posts