Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG!!! Is this the riding level to which we’ve fallen in our golden years?

Our Victory motorcycle family is mortified and our V-Twin brothers are appalled, as Terri and I have officially joined the Wing team.

Meanwhile, in hushed background conversations, words such as dark siding and trailers are being uttered. Some call this move embarrassing, but our kids will get over it.

On a positive note, it appears the ‘76 CB750’s big brother finally came home!

We’re going to take it all in stride and sing the final chorus to this somewhat familiar song…

Yeah, ob-la-di, ob-la-da we’ll ride on boys,
La la we’ll ride on.
Yeah, ob-la-di, ob-la-da we’ll ride on boys,
La la how the ride goes on,
And if you want some fun, take ob-la-di-bla-da!

Pretty sure those are the correct words to the last chorus…but, I could be wrong!

Have a great 2016 and, as always…Ride Smart, Ride Safe!

MM :grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Congrats! Nice pairing. :)

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Wlecome and very nice looking boke, some are going to tell you that color is the fastest, but dont believe everything you read on here. Welcome again.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Mike, pm sent.

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
nice addition mike, don't let those v-twins take the wing for a spin

·
Super Moderator
27,555 Posts
Welcome to the world of wingdom and prepare to have fun on the Long and Winding Road ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Great looking set of wheels. Congrats and welcome..

·
Registered
356 Posts
During 2015, my wife and I sold our HD Street Glide and bought a red/black 2015 Honda Goldwing. Our Harley friends have teased us, but I don't regret the decision. I miss the deep thunder sound of our Street Glide, but the improved handling and reverse are well worth the change.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I forgot to mention that some of my HD friends have nicknamed me George Jetson because of the sound of my Goldwing!

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
Beautiful Wing!:smile2:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have a friend, have only known him for 1.5 years, he just retired at that time and moved to Texas. Over the holidays I went over to his house to do some measurements for a cabinet build estimate, I rode my wing. Since June 1 he has ridden over 15000 miles. He has three bikes, two big yamahas and a victory. He was looking over my wing setting in his driveway. I told him the keys are in it, take it to the river and back, that is about a 10 mile ride. He did, now he tells me his is putting his 3 up for sale in early spring to by a wing. hehheheehh another convert in the making.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had a Victory cruiser. Put more than 60K on it. A good bike with lots of torque and no issues. However, my wife really didn't find the ride that comfortable and we decided to look around and test ride several different bikes. Sold the Vic and bought the Wing. She likes riding on the back of this one. MM

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have fond memories of my CB750. Unfortunately it was stolen. You haven't seen it, have you? But that's ok, I have my Wing now and I love it. One thing for sure, I am not going to take my Wing trail riding like I did my 750. Freakout. :surprise:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts