Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am new to the Wing world, just came over fromt the dark side. Being in Texas it gets down right hot here. My old Harley used to fry my butt. The Wing so far is great in heat. The only time I get burned is on the left side, the one valve cover sticks out some and if I am in shorts my shin hits it if I don't keep my leg back, and yow! it's hot. Now I don't need a safety lecture about how I should always wear pants and chaps with refective material etc, but there are times when it's 105 out I may go out with just shorts on. The question is do they make a guard to cover that area. Or do the chrome overlays they make that stick on reduce how hot the valve cover is to the touch? Hey at least I don't ride in flip flops. :D

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... Steel ... I Understand About The Heat And Won't Beat You Up Over The Shorts ... Need To Mention What Size And Model Wing ... There Are Shields Available ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, been working on my sig and avatar but it's an 07 Gold Wing. Just seems when ever I move from my hwy pegs to the floor boards or come to a stop, it seems I am always brushing my shin against the valve cover. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i take it that you get burned when using the highway pegs / boards? if so maybe rep[ositioning them slightly higher would help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the hwy pegs/boards are fine other then a little heat from the shark fin vents---what I am talking about is the corner of the valve cover that sticks out by the shifter. For us folks with long/big/clumsey legs it is a little tight in that area. So when I put my feet back on the boards to shift sometimes my shin hits the corner of the valve cover. Maybe I will try harder to not be so clumsey and maybe once I have riden a few hundred miles my legs will know where to go. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts