Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2000 1500SE some weeks ago but failed to ask the seller if the paint of the bike was original from the factory. I've seen two-tone color of red and deep red but not with the wavy graphics and white starbursts. Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Looks awesome and i would say it is custom!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Anything is possible and it might be custom.
but Honda did make them like yours. find the color code and see if it matches your bike. google goldwing color codes and you will find a list.
What I have seen, they only painted it one solid color.The dark panels are vinyl with 3m backing.
They put a stripe around the perimeter of the vinyl to hide the lines, then clear coat it all.

Someone has airbrushed the swirls and bursts.

Does look good.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I bought this 2000 1500SE some weeks ago but failed to ask the seller if the paint of the bike was original from the factory. I've seen two-tone color of red and deep red but not with the wavy graphics and white starbursts. Any ideas? Thanks.
Hp: I live over here in Centreville. Stock or not stock it works for me. One thing is for sure: I won't fail to see you on 66. Love the 1500.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
That looks like the factory colors, the art work is special. Under the gas door you'll find the paint code and Honda can provide you with touch-up paint.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Paint should be original. I had the same colors on my 98 SE. It was called Illusion Red and was a $400 increase over base price. The previous owner probably had the graphics painted on later to customize to his taste. They can be removed, but it's a pain and I think they make the bike look good.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It is factory color, the graphics was done by a pinstriper, the color are (lighter red) R176C Candy Spectra Red (darker red) R199C Candy Garnet Red . The candy spectrum red first came out in 92, in 94 Honda two toned the SE Red bikes.
Illusion red was in 01 & 02.
Here is an 05 wqith factory paint job but custom striping on it

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Gee, I wonder who the owner was...;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can't help you there, sorry. But doesn't it look sensational !! ?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The 2-tone is factory paint and as far as I know Honda never had any illusion colors until the 1800's came out! There were a few Pearl colors on 1500's. Your bike was called Candy Red/Red 2 tone.
All the graphics/pen stripping/stars were added to the original factory paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts