Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the origin of the GWOF, when did it start, who started it, who is the owner of the site etc? I love this forum and just wanted to know a little of it's genesis. :)

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
GWOF is a part of Motorcycle.com which is one of the largest internet m/c based forum groups going. They are operated by Vertical Scope which has offices and administrators all over the place. With the exception of our head admin (whom you all very seldom will see except that he shows up online at the bottom of the main page) all of us on the moderator team and myself as a site admin are volunteers just trying to make the forum better and smoother running. Site has been up since Feb 2008 unless I'm off a bit there. That was Admin's first post anyway:D

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
i was just looking for some info on my 1500 wing when i joined

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
GWOF is a part of Motorcycle.com which is one of the largest internet m/c based forum groups going. They are operated by Vertical Scope which has offices and administrators all over the place. With the exception of our head admin (whom you all very seldom will see except that he shows up online at the bottom of the main page) all of us on the moderator team and myself as a site admin are volunteers just trying to make the forum better and smoother running. Site has been up since Feb 2008 unless I'm off a bit there. That was Admin's first post anyway:D
Volunteers.......You mean, being a Moderator or Admin isn't a lucrative future:rolleyes:......Hopefully you get a free subscription

·
Banned
3,114 Posts
Being a moderator on here reminds me of the California Warranty.

California Warranty: if it breaks, you get to keep it.

The rewards of being a moderator is in your heart, not in the wallet.

Dan,

Not to hijack your thread, cuz I have never ever done that before.... :) but I belong to a few other forums, this being the absolute best. Hands down.... but I just started a thread on a moto-camping forum of my most recent camping trips. You are invited to check out my thread and of course browse around there. You might find something interesting there too.

Back to the regular programming.

When did Chopin officially become the top poster of the forum?

When did the first forum member hijack a thread and use it to promote a car tire? :)

I have a hard time staying away from here, but I still have to earn a living.

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Well now you did it Daryl, just when everyone thought we got paid the big bucks.

......Hopefully you get a free subscription
Not only do we not but I actually had to buy 2.;)

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
Well now you did it Daryl, just when everyone thought we got paid the big bucks.

i'm with the ref on this one

·
Banned
3,114 Posts

Do regular members have to pay?

Did you guys sneak into my bank account and get a little?

I don't remember ever giving any dough to these guys.

I thought Chopin said We didn't have to pay anything until you hit 4,000 posts. I take his word as the gospel.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
What is the origin of the GWOF, when did it start, who started it, who is the owner of the site etc? I love this forum and just wanted to know a little of it's genesis. :)
Dan, I find it funny that you posted this. I was just thinking the very same thing this morning. I figured this place had been around since the beginning of time. ;)

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Do regular members have to pay? No

Did you guys sneak into my bank account and get a little? Naw we aren't good enough to hack into such things

I don't remember ever giving any dough to these guys. You're one of the Deadbeats. We accept you for what you are

I thought Chopin said didn't have to pay anything until you hit 4,000 posts. I take his word as the gospel. It has nothing to do with how many posts you have but... Why do you think I said I had to pay for 2
Please see responses above in Bold lettering.;)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
:)
i was just looking for some info on my 1500 wing when i joined
I was just checking the other day and you were the #115th member to join and from what I've seen the only one from that early group that is still active. So I guess that makes you the "elder statesman" Doc..;)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Volunteers.......You mean, being a Moderator or Admin isn't a lucrative future:rolleyes:......Hopefully you get a free subscription
To coin a phrase, we get what the "bird left on the rock"....LOL:p

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
That one's easy, 114.

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dan wants to know how to get one of these under his name....

I think it's worth the 40 bucks to become a PLM. I'll get signed up this weekend. It's well worth all the tech advice I've gotten and the referral on my bike. I've gotten my monies worth and see allot of value in this membership.

·
Banned
3,114 Posts
I think it's worth the 40 bucks to become a PLM. I'll get signed up this weekend. It's well worth all the tech advice I've gotten and the referral on my bike. I've gotten my monies worth and see allot of value in this membership.
Dan,

If you do, then this loud mouth will too! I just hope I didn't gload you into that. I was funning ya.

What does that donation pay for? We have banners here that advertisers pay.... just wondering.

Can Dan and I get a two fer one deal on this?

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
man i wasnt even born yet when Doc became a member on here

1 - 20 of 75 Posts