Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to put an auxillary fuel tank on an 09 wing without compromising any of the luggage space or using the luggage rack. does anyone have any ideas.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... You Will Need To Do Some Serious Engineering To Do This With Out Turning The Bike And You Into A Possible Torch ... I Think I Already Know The Answer But - Why ??? - ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
... I Think I Already Know The Answer But - Why ??? - ...
My exact question. Where would you be going on a Wing that you would not have gasoline available within 250 miles? Not too many places in the US that I am aware of. Are you planning to go riding overseas where this could be a problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a friend in Canada that has been to Alaska a few times where he has has had to carry a can of gas in his trailer because of the distance between stations. If you're traveling that far and have a trailer on the trip, that seems like the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
ronzilla, et. al. , I'm surprised you missed the obvious alternative : aerial in route refueling.

·
Registered
692 Posts
ronzilla, et. al. , I'm surprised you missed the obvious alternative : aerial in route refueling.
... HOWDY ... SILLY ME ... AND I'M SOOO DOWN WITH THE - :D AERIAL FUELING :D HAPPY TRAILS

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
ever think about getting a trailer hitch with the riceiver rack on it? aux fuel tank on it, you'll need a pump

1 - 9 of 9 Posts