Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you will, go to www.trimbles.com, and click on used inventory. They have 2 orange goldwings, a 2003, with 47,000 miles on it, and 2002 with 97,000 miles on it. Which one do you think is the better deal? The 02 has more bells and whistles that I like, but I like the idea of 47,00 miles. I have not ridden either one yet, I am holding off until I am sure we want to make the jump. Here is a list of things that I would want to add right away to the 03.

Riders Backrest
Passenger arm rests
Highway pegs
12 volt accessory plug

These are the things that the 02 has that the 03 don't, that I Swould add. I have to say, I was not a huge fan of the orange, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you will, go to www.trimbles.com, and click on used inventory. They have 2 orange goldwings, a 2003, with 47,000 miles on it, and 2002 with 97,000 miles on it. Which one do you think is the better deal? The 02 has more bells and whistles that I like, but I like the idea of 47,00 miles. I have not ridden either one yet, I am holding off until I am sure we want to make the jump. Here is a list of things that I would want to add right away to the 03.

Riders Backrest
Passenger arm rests
Highway pegs
12 volt accessory plug

These are the things that the 02 has that the 03 has, that I would add. I have to say, I was not a huge fan of the orange, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. Thanks for your input.
That orange isn't too bad. I could live with it. I am always one of those who thinks lower mileage, better deal. In this case, you may get a chance to talk them down to the same price they are asking for the Wing with more mileage. Or, have them throw your accessories into the deal!

Good luck! Either way, once you ride, you will be happy.:)

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
I like the one with all the accessories, but at half the miles (and miles don't necessarily mean that much) I lean towards the lower odo. For the difference in price it's a bit of a toss-up.
Hey Badger, that Crossfire is a ditch pickle* not a doo-doo*

* is Medina/Polaris slang for Arctic Cat and BRP "Ski-doo"

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
The 03 sounds like a better deal because of the mileage, BUT the 02 still has a lot of miles left in her and has new tires. You might be able to get them to drop the price a little more because of the miles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure between the two, but from my experience you can pretty much count on anything at a dealer being well over-priced. This is true of both bikes and boats (I deal in the used boat market). From my very recent research, as a general rule dealers were at least $1K higher than comparable bikes in the private market.

And then there's all those exorbitant fees and taxes. Factor all that in to a purchase and you can get some serious "farkling" done. Just an unsolicited .02¢ worth from an old horse-trader. :D d:^) Schneeks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts