Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a Show Chrome drivers backrest.

I've never dealt with Show Chrome products and want to know your impression of the quality of the products.

As well as is the design considered equal to or better than OEM products? i.e. Honda's driver backrest vs Show Chromes etc...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have only the Show Chrome fog lights and I find them to be of good quality. They fit well and seem to have good workmanship.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Not exactly sure what you are comparing the backrest to; Honda doesn't make a driver's back rest that I know of.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Extras

I have Kuryaken items on my bike, foot rest and some trim, their products work for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
show chrome

i have the show chrome side fairing vents with chrome mesh very nice pice

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not exactly sure what you are comparing the backrest to; Honda doesn't make a driver's back rest that I know of.
They have in the distant past, but my point is how does Show Chrome products generally comparre to OEM products now.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
They have in the distant past, but my point is how does Show Chrome products generally comparre to OEM products now.
When a new bike comes out Honda is the only one with EXTRAS at first and they charge you a lot for them. Once the after market people get things rolling on accessories the Honda line usually dies down because of the cost. Honda does make some chrome parts that are metal instead of chromed plastic like the after market people thats why they cost more, but is worth it? You be the judge, I have had show chrome accessories on my bikes in the past without any problems,

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I've used Show Chrome and Kuryakyn accessories on both my GL1500 and GL1800 and have no problems with either. Both held up well.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I had lots of Showchrome goodies on my 1200 and they were fine. That was also 25 odd years ago, but I doubt the quality would be lower now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts