Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of my brothers has a 98 Goldwing for sale. Its the 1500 and is immaculate. It does have new tires.
The bike is owned by an older guy and he put 10,000 miles on it in all that time. He is asking $8000 for it but I heard he may take 7?
He is going to actively put it up for sale next week.

As time allows I will learn more by reading here, time just doesn't allow for that right now...soooo, here goes!

Is the 98 fuel injected?

I have spoken with many wing riders...some say the 1500 is better, others not. I know this is a matter of opinion but I like to hear what folks have to say.

Is this worth buying before I was wanting to? I ride a Yamaha Venture now, I am happy with it but do plan on switching to a wing. If it's a buy, I'll take the plunge early (go ahead, push me!).

Any info would be greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
98 has 2 carbs.
1500 is more comfy
1800 a little more responsive

When new things are developed (organizers for saddlebags or electronics for example) developers don't make it for old bikes as the market shrinks daily. So some things you do yourself or do without if it's an old bike.

I preferred not to have a monthly payment but it's always a trade off. If it's really clean and you are confident in it's history, then it sounds like a good deal to me.

Really, it comes down to your personal preference. If you look at it and it says 'take me home' then go for it. And nothing is in stone, you can keep it if you love it or move on at some point later if you want a newer one in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
98 has 2 carbs.
1500 is more comfy
1800 a little more responsive

When new things are developed (organizers for saddlebags or electronics for example) developers don't make it for old bikes as the market shrinks daily. So some things you do yourself or do without if it's an old bike.

I preferred not to have a monthly payment but it's always a trade off. If it's really clean and you are confident in it's history, then it sounds like a good deal to me.

Really, it comes down to your personal preference. If you look at it and it says 'take me home' then go for it. And nothing is in stone, you can keep it if you love it or move on at some point later if you want a newer one in the future.
Thanks for confusing me more:D

Yeh, it's a tough one. The Venture is running well and we're happy with it now. Of course, I hate to pass up a buy I could ride for a few years and possibly not loose much on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts