Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I spent on all the things to get us riding safely now for the finish.
Adjust valves.
change vacuum lines
balance carbs
flush rear breaks
flush radiator
change oil
Hate to see this bill but then the fun.

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
How many miles you have on your bike that they want to adjust the valves?
You have an 1800 or a 1500?
If it's a 1500 it has hydraulic tappets, no need for an adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
well you can scratch the valve adjustment from the list, they are hydrolic and self adjusting
the rear brake is linked to the one of the front brakes, have it flushed also
why arn't you doing your own oil change

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Just be sure to work with the shop & if they are good they will guide you.

:beerchug:

Oh and good for you to take care of the machine.

:BigHand:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow great shop no valves- honest cool. Asked about plug wires new 3 years ago and plugs too. So the total is 650.00 going for it.

Doctor B- I'm saving the energy for riding instead of laying on the ground changing my own oil its been serviced since new at this shop keep the small businesses alive.:party0003:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Adjust valves.
change vacuum lines
balance carbs
flush rear brakes
flush radiator
change oil
What about the front brakes? Has the brake fluid been changed there as well. Brake pad in good condition?

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
If you're have the brakes flushed, you should have the clutch flushed also. It's the same fluid as the brakes and can get just as contaminated.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Adjust valves.
change vacuum lines
balance carbs
flush rear breaks
flush radiator
change oil
Too bad you don't live closer, Our local GWRRA Chapter gets together one Saturday every May, in my shop and does the fluids on our bikes, all you gotta do is bring the fluids. Save a bunch of cash and we have a good time to boot.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be my luck not close enough to do it myself. As far as the front breaks, clutch and new pads I did the front and clutch last year and all the pads were replaced while I had new tires put on last fall hence one more item. Its going in next Saturday to finish the rest. All that is being done I could do for myself but I need a break from working for once.:icon39:

·
Premium Member
24,510 Posts
I'm a bit lazy that way myself. I do my own oil and fluids, but that's about all (other than farkling) I wrench unless absolutely necessary. My techs are better and faster (and I don't have to listen to their sarcastic remarks)than when I'm wrenching. Total gong show when I replaced the rear wheel on my RC51 last year...what a *&^#!?+ PITA! I'm doing my own air filter this year on the Wing (not hard but certainly time consuming) as I have some other electronic additions to do as well. Don't expect any Youtube footage of that stuff either...:brick:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts