Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a beautiful day to ride in Carolina / Virginia.
Met some friends for breakfast and finally started out about 9:30 in Winston Salem. 50 degrees up to 72 by mid afternoon. 14 bikes in all and headed North until we got to the BRP. Got back about 5:30. Just a great day.

About time to put the bike up on the rack to start some other restoration items. So it was great to make one more lap around one of our favorite rides coming back down hwy 8.

Yes, Chopin, I was in your backyard but I did keep well out of the 50 mile radius we agreed upon.

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
As we get closer to having to put the bikes into hibernation, each ride seems more enjoyable. Glad you had a good time. Ride safe and good luck on the those projects..

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Man I wish we were there but half to go to work in the AM. One day we will ride it.
Enjoy and be Safe

·
Premium Member
23,761 Posts
Thank you for not encroaching upon my territory without me. As planned I spent the day moving some " new to her " furniture for my mother-in-law. Everyone was somewhere today; but everyone wasn't everywhere they wanted to be. fossil92 got me up to Gettysburg yesterday for a lunch and back road ride. Rapier, I assume , was on the BRP today and I'm sure I'll get a nice report of HIS day TOO!

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for not encroaching upon my territory without me. As planned I spent the day moving some " new to her " furniture for my mother-in-law. Everyone was somewhere today; but everyone wasn't everywhere they wanted to be. fossil92 got me up to Gettysburg yesterday for a lunch and back road ride. Rapier, I assume , was on the BRP today and I'm sure I'll get a nice report of HIS day TOO!
Did I mention that it was a truly wonderful day and this is peak week for leaves turning? And I almost forgot my manners, thanks for paying taxes, the roads in Va. were in excellent shape.

Now my bike is going on the rack, you will have ample opportunity to give me heck.

P.S. Love the new avatar. I started to turn it upside down but was afraid of what might fall out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
^$*#&&,*&@@*. !&$$^#()) ? Oh , I forgot to say -> (*)
Thats too funny Lee...:D

What do you mean? Put the bike away?
Just put on some heated clothing...
I rode last year when it was 6 deg.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
fossil92 got me up to Gettysburg yesterday for a lunch and back road ride.
Even if it was the wrong back road it still was good.;) I think the cheesecake affected my gps coordinates in my head.:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I took a 6-day trip between North Georgia and the Virginia border last week (leaving from South Alabama). It was my first real MC trip and one of the most memorable things I have ever done- it was BEAUTIFUL!!! The Tail of the Dragon was incredible (had to run up and down it several times). The new Smokey Mountain National Park visitor center is under construction and should be done by March they say and it will be NICE. And I concur with a previous writer- the roads were awesome. They have done a lot of repaving in the last year making it comfortable and safer. Can't wait to go again next year. Maybe I'll be able to talk my wife into going also next time. Happy riding!

·
Premium Member
23,761 Posts
Even if it was the wrong back road it still was good.;) I think the cheesecake affected my gps coordinates in my head.:D
" TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both.....

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. " ~ R.F.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Monitor, Monitor.

Some Shakepearian Nut has stolen my perfectly good thread. I was gleefully happy to have used your roads on a day you were preoccupied.

Isn't there a rule about........about.......making me google this or find a translator to figure out what's being said? Do I havta learn English English to post here?

We've got green kudzu here not yellow flowers and a road less taken is just a fancy name for a service road, right?

What the heck is a cheescake meta phor? You have frosted my chaps, man.

I am getting a little leary of this group. I know your ID is referencing a musician but then again, maybe jer just trickin' me. Maybe it does stand for Choppin' up 114 of sumthin'.

And your friend, Fossil---is that code for bones?

Help me out Two Wheel or Budoka. You 2 are the only ones I can trust. ( actually, I gots doubts about you 2, two, too).

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
One never knows what lurks behind a moniker L2R. Tread carefully ole boy.:eek:

If you put your bike away soon does that mean you will become,

Like2Park?

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
One never knows what lurks behind a moniker L2R. Tread carefully ole boy.:eek:

If you put your bike away soon does that mean you will become,

Like2Park?
CaRap! I've awakened a 2 headed monster. How many are in your group? I don't have enough jokes to keep this up.

In response to the question:
Ha Ha. and no I don't particularly like to park and I dislike working to these more. I still have the Sabre for the short haul but even with a mustang widea$$ pillowtop seat I can't go more than 200 in a day.

Whew, this is prolly a dumb thing to do but I am a spoon so here goes..............

From your sig pic, am I to assume you drive a dodge when not on the wing? Not meaning to be forward but how much extra did the heated seat cost?

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
From your sig pic, am I to assume you drive a dodge when not on the wing? Not meaning to be forward but how much extra did the heated seat cost?
Nah, Chev. That guy was walking along the Going to the Sun Highway in Glacier. I just love the picture.

Don't have a heated seat. But this guy was going to put heat & gel pads in my Hartco last year for around $200. I just didn't take the plunge.

http://www.buttbuffer.com/contact.asp

·
Registered
454 Posts
I took a 6-day trip between North Georgia and the Virginia border last week (leaving from South Alabama). It was my first real MC trip and one of the most memorable things I have ever done- it was BEAUTIFUL!!! The Tail of the Dragon was incredible (had to run up and down it several times). The new Smokey Mountain National Park visitor center is under construction and should be done by March they say and it will be NICE. And I concur with a previous writer- the roads were awesome. They have done a lot of repaving in the last year making it comfortable and safer. Can't wait to go again next year. Maybe I'll be able to talk my wife into going also next time. Happy riding!
Just imagine what it would be like to be able to ride these roads everyday if you felt like it. :):):)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts