Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday I got in a 250 mi ride, beautifully day, temps in the upper 40's! Today.....more snow in four hours than we've had all winter, and still coming down heavy!! Probably around 6" so far!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
So they say, something is headed my way. Tough area to predict over here situated so close to the south and so close to the shore. Tomorrow I'll wake up and find out. Yesterday we were high 50's

·
Registered
708 Posts
We'll have to wait and see what's in store for us. I'm hoping that it travels to the south of us, as my beloved Land Rover threw something out the side of the engine block a couple weeks ago. My Miata is just a small step up from my Goldwing in the snow. At least I'll be warm in it when it slides off the road!

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Geez....and here I am griping about my weather. Just say NO TO SNOW!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
cold and windy here but looking at the path of the storm it should miss us and just be another cold day

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
We are getting some cool weather down here and it will be around 30 degrees in the morning. The sun came out and I rode the bike to the store today. I was going to take the long way home until the better half called with a supply list from the grocery store. Too cold for her to get out but since I was out could I pick up......still a good ride on the bike even if it was short.

Spring is coming your way! I was out for a ride yesterday and didn't see one robin. So they have left and are headed north.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
In the 50's here today--rode the Wing on a short ride to the store for a few groceries. Low tonight is suppose to be right at freezing, but clear skies. We're well into Spring here--the daffodils have just about finished blooming; the Red Buds, Tulip Trees and Bradford Pears have been blooming for several weeks as well.

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Thanks a bunch Ryan. Just couldn't keep it out there Huh?

Supposed to get somewhere between 2-8 inches depending on which Weather Forecaster gets closer???????:gah:

:Cigar:

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I don't feel so bad now. Sitting here with a foot of snow on the ground. LOL Last year at this time, we were riding for a couple of weeks already. We are probably @ least 3 weeks away from raising the kickstand now. Local riding club had scheduled 1st ride of the season for April 6th. Not happening for sure..........

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
This better be the last blow for Old Man Winter......I am not a happy biker

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
.....the road commissioner just brought the road grater down to make sure I will be able to get to work. Bless his heart......
I was about to ask if you were from Texas, but a Texan would have said bad things about someone then added "Bless his heart". But maybe you were saying bad things.....

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
No!
:nono:

Not at All!
:YellowAngry:

:SadSigh:

Sun is coming eventually.

:Dance02:

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
we have had snow showers most of the day but at 39* there is nothing on the ground

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quick, ride before it snows again!!

Got a commuter ride in on the first day of spring. Then the Wing's owner was up for a ride on Saturday with some new gear to try. So we went out long enough to burn most of the leftover Sta-bil gas out and get some fresh in the tank. Then got the shovel out of the back shed on Sunday to clear the 6" out of the driveway. This morning, I just drove over the fresh 5-6" that came overnight. Mother Nature is really being a mutha this "spring".

A year ago this weekend, we were sweating in our jackets without liners during our test ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.