Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
left out this morning about 7a and met up with some friends in new boston, mi. new boston is about 40 miles west soutwest from detroit. from there we headed south on I-275 and made the connection onto I-75 south into ohio. reynoldsburg was the destination and massey's pizza resturant was the stop for some great pizza. i have to get the pic's from jeff, he took most of the pic's and the ones i took i still have on the camera, i'll post them tomorrow and add somemore to my ride report and that should be 496 mile ride

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Well William, thanks for the report. Get the pictures, post them & then you can figure out where the missing 100 miles are.:D

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Any time you stop and get pizza that is a great ride , thanks for sharing

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
This is making me hungy. I think I may have to make a food run to "Hot Dog Johnnies" in New Jersey this week..

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well William, thanks for the report. Get the pictures, post them & then you can figure out where the missing 100 miles are.:D
i'm not missing 100 miles i just made a type-o. just down the street from massey's pizza there is a ktm / polaris / cub cadet dealer, we stopped in to look at bikes

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took a few more while i was there

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some more pic's

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and these pic's too

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
sorry about the crappy pic's, i took them with my phone cause i forgot my camera. in one of the pic's you see jeff ( facing you , and jamie with the orange and black harley leather on ). jeff rides a bmw gs1200 adventuer and jamie rides a ducati 848. they took off when leaving old man's cave and the good doc on the wing just couldn't keep up going that fast through the twistys so i parted ways with them cause they were already out of eyesight. they headed over to ash cave and i headed back to columbus, oh on us-36. a quick stop in lancaster, oh for fuel and back on us-36. once in columbus i took us-23 north through and out of the city. my next stop for fuel was fostoria, oh, there is not much to want to see to want to stop and take a pic between columbus and fostoria so i push onward for home picking up I-280 going west and then I-75north for home. my trip ending at 9:20pm. i wasn't mad at jeff and jamie for leaving me jamie has never ridden with a group and it showed the minute we left new boston, mi. so i knew that at some point i would be on my own. i may go back and see ash cave but i'll do it on my own or with some friends that know how to ride in a group, not that i'm the best at it

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Hopefully you wont forget the camera next time Doc. I felt a little bad taking off on you guys on 33 (No I didn't:rolleyes:) but at least I pulled over & waited for you to catch up.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hopefully you wont forget the camera next time Doc. I felt a little bad taking off on you guys on 33 (No I didn't:rolleyes:) but at least I pulled over & waited for you to catch up.:D
i didn't know my way over to ash cave and they were not thoughtfull enough to pull over like you did so it was time to head home

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
i didn't know my way over to ash cave and they were not thoughtful enough to pull over like you did so it was time to head home
We start together, we end together. That's the rules. No exceptions. Hey doc: Some years back I was on a retreat weekend with my son-in-law and a group of us went caving. Our " leader " got disorientated halfway through the underground journey. That was a study in social psychology and group response to stressful situations.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
This is just too much fun, Im envious!

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is just too much fun, Im envious!
in december when its too cold and in january and febuary when its too cold and there is too much snow on the ground we will be envious of you out riding and posting ride reports

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
True Detdr, its hot as blazes here. Was overcast this morn, I thought about a 200 miler and about noon sun was out full bore! Probably 103 or so and humid. Gag! Ah but, October - April is coming!!

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True Detdr, its hot as blazes here. Was overcast this morn, I thought about a 200 miler and about noon sun was out full bore! Probably 103 or so and humid. Gag! Ah but, October - April is coming!!
you should have left out early while it was still over cast and put in 100 - 150 miles and made it back home before it really got hot

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Looked like a nice ride Doc,you like those long rides, but that's why we have Wings.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looked like a nice ride Doc,you like those long rides, but that's why we have Wings.
next weekend my ride is going to be much shorter :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts