Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once the cruise is turned on, I have a noticably delay in activating it as any speed.

Ideas and what is the min. speed for turning it on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My '95 1500 Aspencade has that problem. When I reach the speed limit of 65, I activate (or turn on the set button) the cruise. I still have to maintain that speed for approximately a mile, before the cruise will take over and hold it there.
From then on, the cruise works great, maintaining the speed up and down hills, and releases immediately when I touch the brakes or clutch.
I have changed the cruise filter, and while recently I had the tupperware all removed from the bike, I looked for the adjustment guage as described in the manual:
While looking through a square opening in the left hand fan shroud, locate a metal item with a V shaped notch. The throttle moves something up and down, and in the at rest position, the V and the throttle item should line up.
I spent two days, parttime, looking, and I cannot see the markings the manual describes. Finally giving up, as I was tired of my bike sitting still during riding season, I put it all back together today and went for a ride.
Illustrated Powersports DVD on maintainence of the bike, shows this adjustment, but they removed the entire left fan for better camera access. This is another days job, and nothing I wanted to tackle. Anyway, I have no indication this that adjustment is the problem.
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Dan, I think that is an inherent trait of a 1500's operation. Mine will do the same. I would suggest you try to get used to it.

I believe that the cruise will not engage below 35 mph. I remember trying it once & I'm pretty sure that was the case.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
If I remember correctly my 1500 also took a while to engage. I don't think it was a mile, but it did take some time to come up to speed and to remain there. I think Fossil is correct about the speed. Hope you find the adjustment and it works... Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
My 2010 does the same thing,,,,,,,not a big deal.....just have to live with it....

·
Registered
31 Posts
If memory serves the cruise control does not operate below 30 MPH and above 100 MPH.

If you have a delay it could be your contacts are dirty. Try spraying electric contact cleaner on the switches and if handy take the cruise cover off and clean the contacts. Do this with Q tips and the contact cleaner.

This fixed the delay problem I was having with mine.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
You're right Comanche, 30-100 mph and bike needs to be in 4th or O/D. My '09 has a hesitation kicking in too, but not a long one. A few seconds maybe.
Remember, how long a minute is depends largely what side of the bathroom door you are standing on.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts