Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am faced with a perfect day to ride. The question is, where to? I could ride to the coast. I could ride the forests. Or, I could just ride till I get far enough then hit the home button on the gps.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I just point the bike down the road and follow the front wheel

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Be like "Star Trek" and go where no man (that's you) has gone before... Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Misty wet weekend here, Bill. A great day to put some new shutters on the house front. If it wasn't for inclement weekends I would never get any home projects done in the summer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cool wet weekend in MO, but it was good to take the travel trailer to Branson. Saw a group of guys there riding from Mississippi.

·
Registered
93 Posts
your question reminds me of that old saying" it doesn't matter what you ride,point being THAT you ride" . SO....ride till gas tank says half then head home. Have a good one

·
Registered
55 Posts
my wfie and I tend to never take off with a destination in mind...only a direction....We ride till we want a break have some lunch or whatever, then ride some more...

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I am faced with a perfect day to ride. The question is, where to? I could ride to the coast. I could ride the forests. Or, I could just ride till I get far enough then hit the home button on the gps.
How about throwing in some sandwiches and soda pops and head for Lake Livingston. Take the rod and reel and do a little fishing and basking in the sun. I would if I could...:D

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
So, where did you go? From your place I would have headed to Burnet and then loop around Austin. I'm trying to talk the wife into a trip to Fort Davis in October.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
So, where did you go? From your place I would have headed to Burnet and then loop around Austin. I'm trying to talk the wife into a trip to Fort Davis in October.
Hey Crownfire: If you happen to take the planned trip and go through Burnet, take Hwy 281 South out of Burnet about 4 miles to Park Road 4. Go west on Park Road 4 to Longhorn State Caverns Park. There is a neat "Gotcha shop" and restaurant at the Park entrance. Then continue West on PK Rd. 4 over to Hwy 29 and East back into Burnet. Its a nice loop and has some twisties and nice scenery to boot.

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
You are welcome. It is what I do and I am proud to there to help, even if I'm from the government.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
You are welcome. It is what I do and I am proud to there to help, even if I'm from the government.
I find no fault in being with the government. Especially since I am retired from the Federal Aviation Administration. :D Just know your always welcome in this neck of the woods. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Unless I have a specific destination to get to, I just let the road dictate, and just go 'gypsy'. Sometimes the nicest rides don't really go anywhere, you just ride. Sounds goofy, but I just point and go.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Unless I have a specific destination to get to, I just let the road dictate, and just go 'gypsy'. Sometimes the nicest rides don't really go anywhere, you just ride. Sounds goofy, but I just point and go.
OK, you convinced me. I flipped a pointy stick and so I will fire up the FJR (needs to have the soot blowed out) and head WSW. Should be back in a couple of hours. Maybe......Later.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts