Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in the Olympia WA area help me with some local knowledge. I've been trying to buy a seat advertised for sale from a fellow in Olympia who isn't comfortable shipping or dealing with someone who doesn't bring cash in hand to his door. Is there a place that would ship it for him or me, or any other ideas as I have no contacts/relatives etc around there. Thanks for any and all help. Glen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought

I had run the US parcel cost and it is around $107. The COD charge seems to be about $12.50, but on a used seat that should ship UPS ground for $50, that is a bit rich overall, but still an option. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
What about doing an electronic transfer directly into his bank account. Eric

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Thought

I've offered to send a bank check directly to his bank, or to him, but considering he seems reluctant to give me a phone number or an address, I can't see getting a bank account number. Really paypal is about as safe and quick as you can get, considering the protection they provide for both buyer and seller. This is a tough one.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
I've offered to send a bank check directly to his bank, or to him, but considering he seems reluctant to give me a phone number or an address, I can't see getting a bank account number. Really paypal is about as safe and quick as you can get, considering the protection they provide for both buyer and seller. This is a tough one.
Anyone that wants to put money directly into my account can. There is not much in there to take out. Enough of the fun but I have had parts sent to me with money sent electronicly from my account to his. All I can say is big dam. Eric

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE!!! Well Eric, there still are good folks out there. I called the Honda dealer in Olympia and talked to a great fellow, Mike, in the parts dept. He agreed to help me, so I mailed a certified check to him and the seller brought the seat into the parts dept. It is being shipped today. What a saga, and man it better be a comfy seat for all this trouble. But at least that is over. I've bought things all over the world, but never had such an ordeal as this. Glen

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Glen: As the saying goes,[there are more than one way to skin a cat]. It's good to see you got there in the end. Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts