Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure all of you have probably heard by now that Honda is not changing the goldwing in 2013. Just wondered what were your thoughts were about that and if anyone thought that next year will be the year they introduce the new goldwing.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
I my self never look at new I have always bought used, I like it when someone puts out the $$$ and then needs to get rid of it later, but I do think 2014 may be the year and I hope it is a good 1.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
It will be at least 2014, and I'd bet that its longer than that based on what my peeps at Honda Canada say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cant see Honda (or any company) spending money on a refresh, then turn right back around and change it from ground up. May have to live with the refresh for 2-3 years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since I was one those folks that bought the '12, and wondered if it would be outdated by a complete re-design in '13, I am as pleased as can be.

I have also heard that it would probably be late '14, or more likely the anniversay year '15, before a re-design would come out. Just rumors though....only time will tell.

I do really like the '12, but please realize, I never owned a wing before so I can understand others complaints about not enough changes being made....for me this bike is as good as it gets. :)

My only complaint and would hope mother honda would address this: Engineer a change that would allow the tires to get more mileage.....a long distance touring beast that can't keep it's tires for more than 10K-12K is just wrong....:confused:

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Well I think alot of folks looked at what BMW did and for the same money as the wing , for what it's worth BMW made BIG GOOD change to get back in the luxo game , Honda could do the same in a few years.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
A 40 year anniversary model would make sense as far as a marketing angle goes. What the R&D gurus do though is anybody's guess. Unless I win the Loto, it doesn't affect my garage, but I could end up with a DEMO:eek::D:cool:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I had a salesman at a Honda dealer tell me last week that he has heard no real changes until 2015 (anniversary year).

He speculated about 2000cc's, 6 speed transmission, auto clutch, possibly an automatic transmission option with an option of sport shifting, it's really all speculation though.

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
I had a salesman at a Honda dealer tell me last week that he has heard no real changes until 2015 (anniversary year).

He speculated about 2000cc's, 6 speed transmission, auto clutch, possibly an automatic transmission option with an option of sport shifting, it's really all speculation though.
If a full blown Wing now runs around $28k what will one with all those additional items run??? $32-$35K. That's going to be out of range for a lot of folks. Even us retired folks....LOL:)

·
Registered
222 Posts
In my personal opinion, I think that Honda will make a change in design based on sale numbers and nothing else. When sales decrease they will remedy that.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
The new body panels on the 2012 will probably stay for several years. Takes a few years just to pay for the production tooling. I think the next big change eill be in the trans...6th gear, auto shift, whatever. The current trans may be bomb proof, but its becoming so outdated, Honda's gotta do something to save reputation. So, maybe 2014. I don't expect a new engine before 2015 or later.

I've heard a rumor (or just someone's wishful thinking went virile) of an in house trike. Daryl, have you heard anything on that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.