Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I have been riding on the streets since 1968, and rode dirt for a couple more years I have primarily ridden Yamahas, with a few Hondas and a sportster thrown in for, well I don't really know why peer presure maybe. I have owned a 1982 goldwing bought used about ten years back, didn't like the ergonomics so sold it a month later. Bought a 2004 July 4th really like the bike, dislike the seat (daddy sang bass but soprano after an hour or so of riding. Have to change the seat. I currently own a 1992 Venture Royale, a 2007 Venture Midnight, a 2008 FJR1300, and now also the goldwing. The Venture has the Pillow top seat(super comfortable) and has taken me across 37 states and 4 provinces. I just can't take the transmission whine anymore. I live in upstate NY

again thanks for allowing me to join and I hope I can get help for my questions and maybe in time help with others

Old Fossil

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
As far as the seat goes, fossil, have you tried the Walmart gel-pad for cars as a top layer? Many of us 1800 riders use them. Some of us have even doubled up the gel layer in one cover and have been extremely happy with the stock seat. It's a $20 expenditure that you might like.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Hey Oldfissil, just rejoin as Oldfossil. I wouldn't be lraryinseattle very long either. There is room on the database for more old farts, that is, if someone else wanted to join.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Whats going on??? This is confusing me.....I am from Alabama you know.:confused:

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Whats going on??? This is confusing me.....I am from Alabama you know.:confused:
After reading your screen name backwards and forwards a few times.... I got it. Funny too.

When I played, I hated the refs. Now when I do spectator sports, I hate the refs, but I agree with them the majority of the time.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
After reading your screen name backwards and forwards a few times.... I got it. Funny too.

When I played, I hated the refs. Now when I do spectator sports, I hate the refs, but I agree with them the majority of the time.
Thats okay....I feel like we do a much deeper service to the community. No telling how many domestic abuse cases we have defused.....they get their anger out on us instead.

I have thought about screaming and cussing waitresses, my mechanic and my dentist. Funny the referee is the only profession that receives such treatment......You gotta love it.:D

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Thats okay....I feel like we do a much deeper service to the community. No telling how many domestic abuse cases we have defused.....they get their anger out on us instead.

I have thought about screaming and cussing waitresses, my mechanic and my dentist. Funny the referee is the only profession that receives such treatment......You gotta love it.:D
I am a landlord. Been treated like a referee many times.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Thank goodness I am not a landlord and referee. I would sure have a complex.....:eek:

BTW - "Oldfissil" if thats your reeeaaalll name. You can't use that. That would be like me using Chip-in114.....you know with my Golf background. Some things you just don't do.:(

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Looks like you have quite a stable of rides..

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
BTW - "Oldfissil" if thats your reeeaaalll name. You can't use that. That would be like me using Chip-in114.....you know with my Golf background. Some things you just don't do.:(
Time Out! Time out ! Everyone to their corners. Someone took a Chip-in shot at me and I don't play golf. We got a real problem here. Our new member " fissil " wants to be a " fossil ". Now we already have a " fossil92 " which we all shorten to just " fossil " to save cyber ink and he refers to himself at times as " 'ol fossil " . I don't have the answer at the moment, but we need to really think this through.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
See you guys really put Way too much thought into things. I saw this as oppurtunity. Figuring he would take any heat that usually comes my way.

So with that in mind should I change mine too? Fissil92?

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Are you one of them scum landlords? Or do you lose money every month , I used to own places like you it was a struggle every month just trying to get the rent money

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site, sorted your typo btw:D Go ahead and get yourself an avatar if you want.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Are you one of them scum landlords? Or do you lose money every month , I used to own places like you it was a struggle every month just trying to get the rent money
I have rented to scum before. I manage apartment and office buildings. These days, mostly my own apartments. I am no longer a fee manager.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
See you guys really put Way too much thought into things. I saw this as oppurtunity. Figuring he would take any heat that usually comes my way.

So with that in mind should I change mine too? Fissil92?
there is no mistakeing pal club fossil from from 10 post fossil:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts