Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Ohio. I have an 84 GL1200 Interstate that I bought 4 years ago and have since restored it. My wife and I ride every chance we get and am always looking for information to keep the
bike running like new.
This looks like a great site.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello oldcuda68 and welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Lots of nice folks and good information here. Any pics or the finished product?? Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome aboard oldcuda68. Lots of current (and former) 1200 riders here. Any significance to your handle (like maybe a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda)? Had a '69 Dart GTS 340 myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a matter of fact I did have a 68 B'cuda. Great car, but the rust finally got the better of it, but not before I took care of several
GM type products!!

I kept the engine and transmission when I sold it to a guy in Maryland a few years back and put the engine in my Dodge Power Wagon project truck which is due to be painted very soon.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hello from Georgia, and Welcome to the forum,

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Loved the lines of the 'cuda from the mid '60's get-go, but the price and the performance package of the '69 Dart swayed myself and my brother to the boxier car (yeah, this is a m/c site, but what the hay).

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from Vermont! I have the same bike,well its an 85 but should be mostly the same!!, and look to restore this winter I would love to hear about your restoration!!!

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome to the board oldcuda68.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Restoring an 84 Wing

The bike was complete, but had spent a lot of time on an open carport or patio. Much of the chrome was pitted so we replaced most of the trim with new or good stuff from Ebay. I have a friend in northern Ohio that is a wizard on Gold Wings. I sent the bike up to him and he worked the carbs over. The bike runs great now. I replaced the seat with a Saddleman gel seat. We just did a 730 mile, 2.5 day trip up to Northern Pa. and got over 43 MPG with 2 up and luggage, so for a 26 year old bike, it does well. I will post some pictures of it soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts