Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting an older Honda Goldwing. Just how old depends on how much they cost and what the fuel economy of the older models is like. I also want to know if older, used Goldwings are likely to be reliable or if problems are commonplace with them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
early wings

i have a 85 wing, gets about 46 miles to the gallon unless i jack up the speed. i tend to stick with anything 87 and below, they look more like a bike. most of them are maint free and will run forever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought an '83 Interstate with less than 30k miles on it for $3500. I am getting around 45 miles to the gallon as long as I stay off the gas. With this bike, I won't have to upgrade because I grew out of it. Only will have to trade or sell if I want to upgrade. Can't beat the older vehicles of any kind. I can still do most of my own work!!! (Own a '85 F250 and a '87 325)

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
i had an 84 aspy for about one year, it was trouble free. the only thing i did was a tuneup and replace the battery ( didn't remove it for winter storage ). it averaged around 45mpg. i sold it last month to my best friend because i wanted a 1500

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sold my 84 Interstate about 5 years ago and am getting the bug again. I can't believe how big they've gotten and am not sure how they will handle on the back roads versus my 1200 CC bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts