Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, now you've done it. That's what the wife said anyway.
After 45+ years of riding on 2 wheels I took the plunge and bought my first GoldWing last October. (2008 Dark Red)
OMG... what a fine ride. After all the other bikes, of which there were many, I have my 2 wheeled Caddy now. I am amazed at this thing. People talk about how clumsy it is at slow parking lot speed but that is NOT the speed nor the place where I drive so I haven't noticed a problem. And the nickle test still baffles my mind. I should have done this years ago but I'm here now. That's all that matters.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK, now you've done it. That's what the wife said anyway.
After 45+ years of riding on 2 wheels I took the plunge and bought my first GoldWing last October. (2008 Dark Red)
OMG... what a fine ride. After all the other bikes, of which there were many, I have my 2 wheeled Caddy now. I am amazed at this thing. People talk about how clumsy it is at slow parking lot speed but that is NOT the speed nor the place where I drive so I haven't noticed a problem. And the nickle test still baffles my mind. I should have done this years ago but I'm here now. That's all that matters.
Welcome to the forum....what is the nickel test?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. You've waited a long time, enjoy your Wing and ride safe..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nickle test is where you balance a nickle on a running GoldWing engine...and it doesn't fall off. VERY smooth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You have now made your down payment for parts and accesiories. You will begin to have strange urges to buy things you never dreamed of. You will ride places and see amazing add ons and feel the need to buy one just like it. My urges got so bad I had to get my wife her own Wing so she can enjoy her chrome addiction.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You have now made your down payment for parts and accesiories. You will begin to have strange urges to buy things you never dreamed of. You will ride places and see amazing add ons and feel the need to buy one just like it. My urges got so bad I had to get my wife her own Wing so she can enjoy her chrome addiction.
LOL yes there are many farkles to be had...I have to prioritize them. I need to have the first thing I buy be the front fender extender. Next i am going to go with some sort of backrest for my seat. Then of course the chrome disc covers...and maybe the ....

·
Registered
690 Posts
... When I Bought My 85 1200 Ltd It Had Chrome Front Rotor Covers ... I Ride Alot Of Pacific Mountain And Coastal Roads And Noticed That After A Series Of Twist And Turns The Front Braking Became Mushy And Faded ... Took The Covers Off And No More Fading Front Brakes ... With Those Covers On The Rotors Can't Dump The Heat When Riding Those Types Of Roads ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Enjoy your new bike. I have really enjoyed my new experience since I purchased my Goldwing in 2007. Yes, you will certainly add another few thou... on those dream add ons....trust me. Its addictive!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
... When I Bought My 85 1200 Ltd It Had Chrome Front Rotor Covers ... I Ride Alot Of Pacific Mountain And Coastal Roads And Noticed That After A Series Of Twist And Turns The Front Braking Became Mushy And Faded ... Took The Covers Off And No More Fading Front Brakes ... With Those Covers On The Rotors Can't Dump The Heat When Riding Those Types Of Roads ... Happy Trails ...
thats why rotor covers for 1500 & 1800 wings are vented. congrats on the purchase of the new wing and welcome to the forum mr.b

·
Registered
179 Posts
New Rider as well

I know how you feel, Mr. B. I got my new Wing 3 weeks ago ! Monterey Blue. Oh man, what a ride. The wife loves it more than I do, if thats possible. Get the drivers backrest...it'll put you over the edge altogether.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know how you feel, Mr. B. I got my new Wing 3 weeks ago ! Monterey Blue. Oh man, what a ride. The wife loves it more than I do, if thats possible. Get the drivers backrest...it'll put you over the edge altogether.
Thanks Poncho Ramrod.... With my bad back the drivers back rest is next on the list. Even though I haven't needed it yet with this bike. My wife has that "Lazy-Boy" on the back so I might as well have on too.... Right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts