Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I recently bought a 95 , gl1500se . The bike has 82,000 miles and runs very well . I bought the bike in ohio and it had no leaks . I rode it home 813 miles back to kansas . I now have an oil leak on the back plate of the engine . It only leaves a spot on the floor overnight about the size of a quarter . I,ve been keeping an eye on the oil but you know how it is . I know it,s there and I wanna fix it . How hard of a job is it . Any thoughts or suggetions ?
Thanks Rick H:

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off, congratulations on your purchase. I would get down and clean everything that I could see down there, and anywhere you think the leak might be coming from. Then let it sit, it will let you see get a better look at where it may be coming from. It could be something as simple as a bad washer on the drain plug to a bad oil seal. Until the leak is pinpointed, you can't really tell how hard the job is gonna be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have cleaned the area . It,s leaking at the second bolt in at the bottom on the right side . I,ve tried snugging the bolt a little but no good . All I can think to do is replace the gasket . Does anyone know , can this gaket be replaced without major disassembly ?
Thanks Rick H

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
left side or right side? can you post a picture?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right side if you wer sitting on the bike . I can post a picture tomorrow but it is a plate at the very back of the engine with bolts running along the bottom up the sides and a few along the top . Thanks Rick H

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think by looking at the manual it,s the clutch cover . Is that pretty involved to replace the gasket ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts