Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this, I have an old 86 goldwing aspencade, as far as I can tell I.have an.oil leak/drip from where the gear shifter form into the tranny, does anyone know how hard this is to fix and/or any idea if its still possible to find the seal?
Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
There are quite a few 1200 guys here on the GWOF so I'm sure one of them will chime in.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Never had it happen but it is a seal that goes once in a while. I know there are members that have changed them out themselves, but it's time consuming and a bit finicky AFAIK

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes the seal is readily available and the same seal fit 1200 and 1500's some things don't change. After you take off some of the tin on the left side, and maybe even the exhaust manifold as i did on my 1500. Kinda depends on the access to the round grommet that gets pushed in on the shaft after you take off the shifting arm. Here the only problem I had there was to much space and the new grommet kept sliding back so I put the old one on top of the new one so hold it in place and put the shifting arm back on top of the 2 and down the road I go. What happens is the rubber shrinks allowing oil to pass by. The new one will fit snug hopeful and stay in place. Just about any Honda dealer can order it, its only a few buck. Oh and by the way be ready to have to replace the engine cover gaskets too. They usually shrink at the same rate. Good luck and let me know how it turns out

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Can't guaranty this but I had a oil drip from the seal. Some place I real about re-seating the seal on a 1500. Using a wooden dowel and a small hammer, tap around the metal portion of the seal to re seat the seal. Worked for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.