Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which oil filters do you guy's use on the GL1800. I see different kinds and I'm not sure which one is the best. I normally buy the original Honda but they are getting expensive :pissed:

·
Premium Member
24,116 Posts
You can go with..... ah crap..... I "had " the stub in my wallet since last time I bought one at NAPA. Anyway, it a Gold filter. That's all I can say for now.:Dang:

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
i don't have an 1800 wing but i've been using hiflo 303 filters on my 1500 wing i think thats a 1538 napa filter chopin

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
By George, I think that's the number. Where did you pull that number from ?
i use to get napa filters for my 1500 wing before i switched to hiflo filters

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
I use the Honda OEM filters. Get them from Wingstuff at a good price...

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
i don't have an 1800 wing but i've been using hiflo 303 filters on my 1500 wing i think thats a 1538 napa filter chopin
I bought the HiFlo filters, but never used them. I read the warning on the package to
"Never extend the change interval past 1500 miles"!

Who ever changes oil at 1500 miles? :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
I bought the HiFlo filters, but never used them. I read the warning on the package to
"Never extend the change interval past 1500 miles"!

Who ever changes oil at 1500 miles? :dunno:
i've been running the hiflo filters 5000 - 6000 miles

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Always used an OEM Honda filter and GN4 oil.
Don't know what Rusty Wing is using. :dunno:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I run Purolator Pure Ones and Delo 400. May try the Rotella T6 a little later in the year.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Always used an OEM Honda filter and GN4 oil.
Don't know what Rusty Wing is using. :dunno:
The last I heard was that Fram was supplying Honda with filters and all of the spin on Fram filters were very poor quality.Used to be lots of posts on this at Goldwingfacts.com.Have never personally
used one.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Amsoil EAOM-103. Wix, NAPA, Hi-flo al good including the OEM Honda. Just don't go with Fram:loco::Angry::goofy:

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
I have read where the Fram filter elements would come apart and block the flow. I use Honda or NAPA.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have read where the Fram filter elements would come apart and block the flow. I use Honda or NAPA.
Exactly and Fram was supplying filters for Honda.Honda doesn't build filters or alternators or tires or whatever.They buy from someone else and put their name on it in the case of something like filters.Anyone ever pull out an alt. or reg/rec that said Honda on it?I wouldn't touch a Honda oil filter untill someone shows me that they are buying from someone besides Fram.And besides there are cheaper out there that are better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
are any of you guys using the crush washers with your oil changes?

When you are going into Napa or other places and buying your filters what size are you asking for?

By the way this is my first post. Not important but just sayin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.