Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a GOOD quality oil filter for my 2010 GL1800. Something hopefully I can get at autozone or somplace like that.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
i'm using hi flo oli filters on thwe wings now

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Wix makes great filters. I use the Amsoil filter on my 1800.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Walmart sells one where I buy my Shell Rotella 6T; but alas, I dont have the number on hand. I usually just by the Honda brand filter from my local dealer.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
For what it's worth, I use the Honda filter and synthetic blend oil. I buy them online when the filters and oil are on sale.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Fram PH6017A , sold at Walmart at about $7.

·
Registered
11 Posts
oil filters

I have found Fram filters for Goldwings at several stores, Walmart and Runnings to name a few.

There are a lot of folks who argue that certain filters are the best and I am not interested in starting an argument, all I can say is I have used Fram filters for many years and haven't had any problems.

I think in my own mind that a careless person can introduce more dirt into an engine when changing a filter than any dirt that engine would be naturally subjected to between oil changes.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Direct line parts sells Honda filters for about $8.00 each when you buy 10. I did that and sold some to my friends so we get a good price on them and we always have a few extra filters around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Walmart sells one where I buy my Shell Rotella 6T; but alas, I dont have the number on hand. I usually just by the Honda brand filter from my local dealer.
It's the Super-Tech ST7317--just bought one this morning with my Rotella T6 oil. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
My father taught me:

Regular oil changes with the cheapest oil & filter is better than the most expensive oil & filter that never gets changed.

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Try Wing Stuff they have package deals. You can get one of their packages with wrench, filter, crush washers and new drain plug. They may sell filters in packs, just ask them.
I may buy the set myself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Walmart also sells the FRAM 6017A which fits the GW's.
I saw that when I was in there but I didn't know the number--thanks--I've noted that. Both filters are a good value--I think the Super Tech was $2.84 and the Fram was about $4.50. I know some prefer to go with the Honda filters--nothing wrong with that. I just hate to pay shipping or drive 35 miles to the dealer for that stuff. I do need to keep a few spare crush washers on hand, though--learned that today. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
If there is no replacement crush washer available, everything comes to a stop immediately.
So I always keep a spare in the waiting. After seeing I can get a whole bag from Wing Stuff, I may not have to go to the local Honda dealer for them. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts