Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Goldwing have switched over to full syn oil and using K&N filter how far is it safe to go between changes

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
You will get varying opinions on this one...

Manual says 8k between oil changes + filter. Some folks change more often, some less often. I run Honda synthetic blend and change every 5k. Easy to remember and gives me peace of mind. If you think about it, oil is the life's blood of the engine and tranny, you have about $20k invested in the bike, oil and filter costs about $30, you do the math.

Ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'd use the Amsoil filter instead of the K&N unless you are talking air filter, but I reckon you mean oil. 15 microns is far more effective than anything else out there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i dont go by mileage. i might ride alot more some seasons than other seasons. i live in ohio! ohio's weather is like a box of chocolates, one never knows what one will get!!!!! this has been a long hot summer, which means, alot of riding. last summer was a long chili summer, which means less riding. so i go every spring regardless of miles!!!!! it may only be a few thousand miles. it may be quite a bit more. either way, it gets changed every spring in may!!!!..............whether it needs it or not!!!! lol! keep on winginit rick

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If you only change your oil once a seaso, you are better off to do it before you put your bike away. Old oil can get pretty acidic and fresh oil in your engine and tranny is far better for sitting than the old possibly corrosive stuff. Just my $.02.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
i use castrol dino oil for motorcycles and change it every 5000 miles on the wings, 3000 miles on my other road bikes and once a year on the trail / pit bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts