Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need my first oil change , Im at 4000 miles , the dealer said drop it off and they can get to it within the next 4-5 days HUH? 4-5 days , need to get a jiffy lube for motorcycles , wish I could wrench it my self but I suck at wrenching

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
If I can do it.....so can you!!!! 45 minutes tops

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hey Gordo, it's a snap. Start off with 4 quarts (we've just been through this already) of her favorite motor oil and dim the lights to set the mood. It will be the first for the both of you so fumbling around is alright. You'll be nervous but take your time...

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Hey Gordo, it's a snap. Start off with 4 quarts (we've just been through this already) of her favorite motor oil and dim the lights to set the mood. It will be the first for the both of you so fumbling around is alright. You'll be nervous but take your time...
To insure a quality experience for the both of you....refer to the instructional video.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
an oil change is one ofthe easiest things you can do yourself gordo and most auto parts store will take the old oil for free

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do I have to remove the Bra off the front?

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
So I need my first oil change , Im at 4000 miles , the dealer said drop it off and they can get to it within the next 4-5 days HUH? 4-5 days , need to get a jiffy lube for motorcycles , wish I could wrench it my self but I suck at wrenching
Did you get the 12v power outlet yet ? Did I mention that I do a free oil change with every accessory or bling purchased ?

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you get the 12v power outlet yet ? Did I mention that I do a free oil change with every accessory or bling purchased ?
i did order them Lee , just waiting for them to show up at my door

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
You can do it Gordo. Takes about 30 mins and your done. Only special tool you will need is the filter wrench. Should be able to find at Wally World or local Pep Boys or Auto Zone. If I can do it, anybody can do it...

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
You can do it Gordo. Takes about 30 mins and your done. Only special tool you will need is the filter wrench. Should be able to find at Wally World or local Pep Boys or Auto Zone. If I can do it, anybody can do it...
Shhhh. I'm trying to get a 12v power outlet out of this. Don't listen to him GORDO. I would be skeptical of any advise given from a member who takes his bike to the repair shop to have his tire pressure checked.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well Gordo, you gonna at least let us know you are going to try?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts

Hmmmmmmm.....Let's see....Ride the wing from Bama to Virgina for an oil change......Hmmmmm......might be do able some time in the future.....LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Gordo, you gonna at least let us know you are going to try?
Sorry , I answered this question on face book just forgot to reply on forums lol, I will be changing my own oil this Sunday

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Good for you Gordo....If you have any problems all you got to do is ask all your friends on here......Let us know how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
you know you've done it right if after doing the oil change and running the motor no oil is comming out the motor :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
non wrencher to non wrencher, DO IT ! You do not have to remove anything if you use Filter Wrench by Big Bike Parts. Timid as I was, I messured what drained with a calibrated beaker so I was sure to refill correctly..Too much oil is not good.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't have one of the wrenches but I have a cap that fits over the filter for changing and works with a 3/8" ratchet. Its pretty snug and sometimes I use a channel lock or vice grip to grip the end of a ratchet. Also if you use an aftermarket filter sometimes you will find two filters that will fit (a short and a long). I usually use the short to make it easier.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts