Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically an oil change is pretty simple, but this video makes it so anyone should be changing your own oil. Do it yourself, and you know what oil and filter is on your bike. Saving a bit of money is always nice too.

http://youtu.be/RpwosQzLKWM

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Good Post Promethius. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi everyone hope your doing well and enjoying your rides. if someone has a minute to answer this question i would appreciate it. my cruise control will not stay on when i depress the button, any quick fixes or suggestions. thank you and God bless
Isidro

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
hi everyone hope your doing well and enjoying your rides. if someone has a minute to answer this question i would appreciate it. my cruise control will not stay on when i depress the button, any quick fixes or suggestions. thank you and God bless
Isidro
Not sure it will help with a switch/button that don't set but,It has solved many switch/button problems on the Gold Wing, Go to Radio Shack and a can of their contact cleaner. Put some shop rags around the switch area, the cleaner won't hurt the plastic or paint, the rags just make clean up easier.
Now using the little red tube that comes with the cleaner, spray in around the switch while working it. If anything is sticking and hanging up in there this will free it up.

There is also a switch on the clutch that disables the cruise , If the button is staying in when pushed. You can try pushing out on the clutch lever just before setting the cruise. Some of the after market levers do not activate the switch. also make sure the pivot pin on the clutch lever is lubed and not sticking.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've always done my own oil changes. What I'd like to see is an air filter change visdeo on my 1800...me behind the camera and some other poor slob doing the filter change:D;):cool:

Reactions: alwims

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I had the same problem. Buy some "Electrical/Contact Spray" (DON'T USE WD40). Loosen the two Phillip head screws at the bottom of the right control. Separate the two halves, and spray into the cruise control area. Also there are two small Phillip head screws (silver) holding a small plate at the top (once you're inside the control area) remove those screws (put a rag or something over the bottom area in case you drop one of the screws. Or make sure you use a magnetic screwdriver. I did both) Anyway, just spray the heck out of the area and Voila' problem solved!

Saves you a ton of money doing it yourself verses the dealer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've always done my own oil changes. What I'd like to see is an air filter change visdeo on my 1800...me behind the camera and some other poor slob doing the filter change:D;):cool:
Bahahaha! You've got that right!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts