Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 GL1800BD non tour. I put about 600 miles on my new bike and wanted to check the oil. Page 171 in the owners manual has instructions to do that and refers to a dipstick attached to the oil filler cap. I just have the oil filler cap, no dipstick attached. Cap doesn’t have a slot or opening where one would be. Checked the opening and it’s not fallen down inside. Can anyone with a 2022 non tour confirm that their bike has a dipstick or not?

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
It is on the rightside of the engine on the DCT Tour. Just above the brake lever. Don't know if it is the same on the 6 speed.

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Now all you have to do is figure out how to take the measurement. Screwiest system I have ever seen.

· Administrator
16,328 Posts
I'm follow'n this post (although I don't have a 2022 model) Are you saying that the 2022 has an oil fill location on one side of the motor and a dip stick on the other???

Ronnie
1/20/22
Yes.

· Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Jinx - I see it above the brake pedal. Didn’t understand that from the manual. Oil fill cap on the left and dipstick on the right. First bike without a sight glass. Thanks for the help.
I posted something similar when I freaked out thinking the dip stick came apart and must be at the bottom of the crank case. My mind raced thinking about how screwed I must be. very bad few minutes until I looked on the other side of the bike.

· Registered
2021 Goldwing Bagger, 2007 GasGas EC300
86 Posts
It is on the rightside of the engine on the DCT Tour. Just above the brake lever. Don't know if it is the same on the 6 speed.
It's the same for the manual bikes too. Oil fill on left side, dipstick on the right side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts