Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from our trip to Sugarcreek, Ohio (Amish country)., Had a great time with friends and a great ride. Here are a few pics.
First pic. is a butt break,My trailers maiden voyage. 2-Found refuge from rain in Ohio. 3-Rainbow in Ohio 4-Coming back home. 5-Going through Pittsburgh.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a couple more. Going through tunnel in Pittsburgh and trying to dodge a rain storm coming home.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
glad you had a good time and a safe trip, nice pic's too

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Met up with some women on Harley's at our hotel from up your way Doc.
you did say it was raining, you didn't expect her to ride in the wet stuff did you :D

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you did say it was raining, you didn't expect her to ride in the wet stuff did you :D
They must have been drinking late because the one girl couldn't even ride her bike home she was so hung over.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
they rode a long way just to bar hop :)

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
As long as it isn't raining inside the tunnel.............A trailer! Whatever influenced your decision to drag a trailer along ??????????;);)

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
next he'll be putting a ct on his wing because of the trailer

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Nice pics Rick. How'd your tag along do. Got one too but in the unassembled version.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as it isn't raining inside the tunnel.............A trailer! Whatever influenced your decision to drag a trailer along ??????????;);)
I wanted to give it a test before our trip in Aug. to the New England states. And yes I do need a new rear tire and it may be a ct.:D

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pics Rick. How'd your tag along do. Got one too but in the unassembled version.
The trailer towed great Dan I didn't even know it was back there. I had to put mine together also. Make sure you repack the wheel bearings.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I wanted to give it a test before our trip in Aug. to the New England states. And yes I do need a new rear tire and it may be a ct.:D
I tell you if MZ. Vickie ever showed a desire for even a two day road trip I would have to get a trailer. I always suspected I married a sissy.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tell you if MZ. Vickie ever showed a desire for even a two day road trip I would have to get a trailer. I always suspected I married a sissy.
Maybe some day Lee she'll come around. It's nice to have your wife to ride with you and make memories.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Looks like you had a good time Rick, glad all went well. Tell you boys I'm spoiled went over 9k in 2010 trip & didn't need a trailer. Tough Country girl.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Looks like a good trip, and glad the trailer works out well.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Nice pics. Glad you had a good time and dodged the rain.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Looks like you had a good time Rick, glad all went well. Tell you boys I'm spoiled went over 9k in 2010 trip & didn't need a trailer. Tough Country girl.
Bill, did you guys wear nylon wash-n-wear travel clothes you could wash in the hotel sink and be dry the next morning? I've found if you wear textile riding pants with shorts that one needs hardly any pants and t-shirts can be hand washed in sink. I also have poly pro type underware that can be hand washed. I'm cool with wearing this kind of clothing as this is what I wear on canoe adventure trips. My wife however wears the cotton clothing and changes every day and therefore has allot of laundry. Anything over a weekend riding double would require a trailer for us. Besides, we needs storage for all the stuff we buy on the trip. I know stuff can get shipped home but it's more convenient just throwing it in a trailer. We also have special pillows that we prefer to sleep with which takes up allot of room too.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Shhhhh....Hush yo mouth.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Bill, did you guys wear nylon wash-n-wear travel clothes you could wash in the hotel sink and be dry the next morning? I've found if you wear textile riding pants with shorts that one needs hardly any pants and t-shirts can be hand washed in sink. I also have poly pro type underware that can be hand washed. I'm cool with wearing this kind of clothing as this is what I wear on canoe adventure trips. My wife however wears the cotton clothing and changes every day and therefore has allot of laundry. Anything over a weekend riding double would require a trailer for us. Besides, we needs storage for all the stuff we buy on the trip. I know stuff can get shipped home but it's more convenient just throwing it in a trailer. We also have special pillows that we prefer to sleep with which takes up allot of room too.
We did wear LD riding Shorts & the Firstgear Shirts. Other than that we wore regular street clothes T shirts/Jeans. Every 3rd day we would do laundry at the hotel we stayed at. Chose wisely on accomadations. Really isn't that big of a deal. We had a good plan formulated & stuck to it.

Not meaning to berate the use of a trailer, I just never wanted to deal with it so I won't. Simple for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.