Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has been tested, I have, with this Goldwing.
Pulled up beside my truck and parked. Came out later and was just going to roll it back, with the wheel turned to the right, bike must have been leaning a little, And that's when it happened.
FOOT SHOT FORWARD !!! Pea gravel on concrete.
I strained my gutts out from keeping it from falling. And succeded.
After I gained final control. I got off bike, looked around to see if
ANYBODY or ANYTHING seen this episode of me. I think not, or should I say, I sure pray nobody seen this or heard the things that came out of my mouth. I said words we can't even spell !!!!

MY GOD THIS BIKE IS HEAVY.

Lesson # 101 =
Goldwing has reverse, USE IT !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Twoguns I guess we are going to have to start a watch list on you. Lets see bottomed out, almost dropped and these are just the ones you have told us about. Be careful !!!! good luck !!! Hal

·
Registered
246 Posts
Slipping and Sliding

Pulled up beside my truck and parked. Came out later and was just going to roll it back, with the wheel turned to the right, bike must have been leaning a little, And that's when it happened.
ANYBODY or ANYTHING seen this episode of me. I think not, or should I say, I sure pray nobody seen this or heard the things that came out of my mouth. I said words we can't even spell !!!!

Lesson # 101 =
Been there and done that. Gravel is my worst enemy! However, while at Leesburg, FL bike week I parked in an area covered in leaves, didn't think anything about it. When I tried to leave later, I could'nt back the bike up! Then, on the way to Deal's Gap, NC I made a stop in a gravel area to check my map...almost dropped the bike on that one. My nephew had to grab the rear of my bike and pull me backwards to a position I could maneuver from...Of course both of these incidents were "pre" Goldwing and were the major reason I bought the Goldwing. I'm still carefull around gravel and leaves but godbless the "Reverse" mode. :D

Ride Safe and Watch all Road Shoulders!!

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I move my bike a lot without using reverse. Always keep the front brake covered. No telling how many times that has saved me when my foot slipped.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
well, if one gun is longer than the other..............................

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
One thing I try to remember to do before I try to move the bike. Once I've straddle the bike I take my left foot and kind of shuffle it around to make sure the footing there is stable then do the same with the right foot, many times I've found sand or small gravel that I hadn't noticed.
Even trying to take the bike off the side stand if there is Sand under foot will get your attention.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Lesson # 101 =
Where in the world did you find that picture in your thumb nail?

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
There are 2 types of Goldwing riders.

Those who have dropped their bike AND Those who will drop their bike. It's just the law of nature. It will happen sooner or later. Best to get it over with and learn a valuable lesson...

I learned mine in my driveway which has an ever so slight slope. I just finished washing my 98 GL1500, the side stand was down and the bike looked like it had a little lean to it so I thought I was okay. I was trying to snap the radio cover back on and when I put the cover on and gave it a smack with the palm of my hand the bike started to go over. Like a fool, I tried to hold it up (grabbing the handlebars and saddle grip) and ended doing a sling shot over the bike onto the grass nearby. That one cost me a mirror and a lot of pride...

·
Super Moderator
12,264 Posts
There are 2 types of Goldwing riders.

Those who have dropped their bike AND Those who will drop their bike. It's just the law of nature. It will happen sooner or later. Best to get it over with and learn a valuable lesson...

I learned mine in my driveway which has an ever so slight slope. I just finished washing my 98 GL1500, the side stand was down and the bike looked like it had a little lean to it so I thought I was okay. I was trying to snap the radio cover back on and when I put the cover on and gave it a smack with the palm of my hand the bike started to go over. Like a fool, I tried to hold it up (grabbing the handlebars and saddle grip) and ended doing a sling shot over the bike onto the grass nearby. That one cost me a mirror and a lot of pride...

OUCH!

I've dropped the 1200 (twice :eek:), it sure makes you hope nobody is watching.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
two guns, isn't amazing how strong and quick one can be in a time like that. I did basically the same thing but mine went down with a bus load of tourists not far away. I was off the bike and had it upright in a flash. Heck, I can't even pick it up by myself normally.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
two guns, isn't amazing how strong and quick one can be in a time like that. I did basically the same thing but mine went down with a bus load of tourists not far away. I was off the bike and had it upright in a flash. Heck, I can't even pick it up by myself normally.
My heart goes out to you. >>>
You are right about the quickand strong thing.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts