Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always rode sport bikes. I recently switched and started riding harleys. When my dad handed me the keys to his 83 aspencade and said ,"it's yours" I wasn't sure what to think. Obviously I accepted! I was never into the touring bikes. Tonight I took the bike out on the highway for a ride. Wow, comfortable, quiet and a stereo to boot. It was meant to be a short run just to try it out but I found myself going WAY farther than I had planned. When I turned around and headed for home I found that I didnt want the ride to end. As I pulled up to my house I understood why my dad was buying a new one. I definitely get it now. The only problem being that I know I'm hooked on the wing now and my garage is getting a little full! Yes. I have been converted!

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
Greetings & welcome to the GWOF. Enjoy the ride & be safe.

Just a cautionary word. Don't get rid of everything, you will find it's always nice to be able to throw your leg over something different for a ride.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Lots of members here have more than one motorcycle.Enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
It's different, isn't it ! I never drove one nor rode on one before I bought mine in '09. All I know was that I wanted to go farther.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello bgoode, welcome to GWOF your dad must have known what he was getting you into by giving you the wing

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
G'day from Down Under and welcome to the site. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and welcome to the Goldwing family. Ride safe and congrats on your new 2u wing..

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I too was mainly a sportbike rider on the street. Now that I have my Wing, the other bikes are lonely. My first aquaintance ride with my brand new Wing was 400 fast miles. Being from light/agile sportbikes, I was so impressed with now light/agile the Goldwing handles. I still ride with sportbike leathers, helmet, gloves, and boots. Looking at new leathers before Christmas so I don't clash so hard with the bike.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF....The GoldWing will magnify all other bikes weaknesses....I thought I would keep my Boulevard, but kept decided to ride the Wing everywhere; Even on the short trips.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site. Yes Wings will do that to you!:D

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , a bunch of good people on here

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Ride safe and enjoy the new 2 U Wing.
Goldwings are truly the Cadillac of motorcycles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts