Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my newly acquired 85 Aspencade I am a bit confused. I have the 5 pin connector in the front. I have a handheld thingy in the back that looks like a headset connects to it. What confuses me is I know how to switch the radio to the headsets and how the CB would work. How does the intercom work? Pushing the button would transmit on the CB so how do we communicate back and forth?

Thanks.
Jeff

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
On the left side of the face of the radio there VOLUME MUTE LEVEL & INTERCOM, the intercom should turn it on and off. push it on and them increase the volume with the same knob. The knob between the radio on/off and intercom on/off sets the MUTE of the radio.
It's on pg. 36 here
http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/gl1200-ridersmanual.pdf
There is nothing to do but talk and the intercom will activate, You push the button to talk over the CB but not to talk to each other. The MUTE button determines how sensetive the radio will mute, set it to far and it will mute with the slightest wind noise, (not good) just play with it to see how you lkike it.
If I remember right to switch between headset and outside speakers you push the volume knob on the radio.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the left side of the face of the radio there VOLUME MUTE LEVEL & INTERCOM, the intercom should turn it on and off. push it on and them increase the volume with the same knob. The knob between the radio on/off and intercom on/off sets the MUTE of the radio.
It's on pg. 36 here
http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/gl1200-ridersmanual.pdf
There is nothing to do but talk and the intercom will activate, You push the button to talk over the CB but not to talk to each other. The MUTE button determines how sensetive the radio will mute, set it to far and it will mute with the slightest wind noise, (not good) just play with it to see how you lkike it.
If I remember right to switch between headset and outside speakers you push the volume knob on the radio.
Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks a bunch. Now I have to find a decent headset.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
J&M or edsets, both are real good,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts