Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1888 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,328 Posts
Hello and welcome to all the new members.

·
Registered
2007 GL1800 / 2023 GL1800 ?
4 Posts
Hi! I have an '07 Wing (292 K km) and an '18 FJR (34 K km) - have had both since new. I'm anticipating replacing both with a '23 GWT in spring '23. Joined this forum based on my experience with the fjrowners forum - the members there were extremely positive and knowledgeable and very willing to share their knowledge and experience - I'm hoping to learn as much about the current generation of Wings as possible - do's and dont's - (farkles, mods, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and contribute when I can.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just joined the forum today. I don't have a Goldwing yet but in a few months I want to purchase a used late model base DCT non-touring. I happened to see that bagger model a couple of months ago and fell in love.
After owning a 2016 BMW R1200RT for a few years I currently have a 2015 BMW S1000RR sport bike which is fun for short spurts but after 30 minutes I've had enough. I've had it about a year now but the negatives are starting to out-weigh the positives at this point. Blistering acceleration and sexy looks but the suspension is stiff, there is no wind protection, it's really loud and just isn't suited for long distance trips - something I'd like to more of.
I'm in my 60's and wife says I should get something more age appropriate, I'm starting to think she's right.

I live in Pleasanton CA about 30 miles east of San Francisco so we are fortunate to have year round riding weather here.
I'm still working full time but plan to do weekend trips or overnights around my area. Once I retire, if that ever happens, I want to go out for a week or so and do some long distance stuff.

I look forward to reading and learning from all you Goldwing veterans as I ramp up to buying one for myself

·
Super Moderator
13,328 Posts
Hello to all the new members.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone...new member here.
I currently own a 2006 Harley VRSCR V-Rod Street Rod with 25,000 miles.
I do not currently own a Goldwing but am very interested in the latest model...beautiful and aggressive lines.
While I love my V-Rod, I am enjoying longer trips (such as the Bun Burner and Saddle Sore that I just completed) and the V-Rod is not the best bike for that.
If you guys and gals do not mind, I would like to lurk around and read what everyone has to say about the older and newer Goldwings.

I have also owned a 1982 Honda CBX (loved that bike), 1982 Yamaha 750 Seca (indestructible) and 1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator (rear tire never lasted longer than 3,000 miles due to excessive burnouts).

Here is a pic of the current bike. I will never get rid of the Harley but hope to give her a new stable mate soon.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Hello everyone...new member here.
I currently own a 2006 Harley VRSCR V-Rod Street Rod with 25,000 miles.
I do not currently own a Goldwing but am very interested in the latest model...beautiful and aggressive lines.
While I love my V-Rod, I am enjoying longer trips (such as the Bun Burner and Saddle Sore that I just completed) and the V-Rod is not the best bike for that.
If you guys and gals do not mind, I would like to lurk around and read what everyone has to say about the older and newer Goldwings.

I have also owned a 1982 Honda CBX (loved that bike), 1982 Yamaha 750 Seca (indestructible) and 1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator (rear tire never lasted longer than 3,000 miles due to excessive burnouts).
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of friendly folks here that can help you with questions you might have.

·
Registered
1989 GL1500
5 Posts
Greetings all!
I just found this forum and have seen some good stuff already. I've been riding for about 25 years, on and off. My current ride is an 89 Gl1500 that I've been using as a (mostly) daily commuter for the last 5 years or so. Completed an Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 ride last year and am planning an Arizona in-state SS1K ride - maybe for the spring. That was supposed to happen this year, but a friend's passing and mechanical issues have delayed that. All seems good now, but temps are cooling fast, esp. in the mountains. Maybe I'll chance it any way :).

Anyway, love to hear about other rides folks have taken and look forward to sharing tales.

Till then .....Nice meeting you.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Greetings all!
I just found this forum and have seen some good stuff already. I've been riding for about 25 years, on and off. My current ride is an 89 Gl1500 that I've been using as a (mostly) daily commuter for the last 5 years or so. Completed an Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 ride last year and am planning an Arizona in-state SS1K ride - maybe for the spring. That was supposed to happen this year, but a friend's passing and mechanical issues have delayed that. All seems good now, but temps are cooling fast, esp. in the mountains. Maybe I'll chance it any way :).

Anyway, love to hear about other rides folks have taken and look forward to sharing tales.

Till then .....Nice meeting you.
Welcome to the forum. We do love photos here and would love to see shots of your trips and your Wing.

·
Super Moderator
13,328 Posts
Hello Markhere, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

Welcome to the best Honda Goldwing Forum !!
Hi, I hope I am doing this correctly. My name is Ben Willard (Yes like the 2 rat movies) Ha Ha. I rode Goldwings for quite a few years. I am soon to be 69 years old (In a couple weeks). Anyway about 3 years ago I found out I had cancer and went through strong chemo for like 1/2 to 2 years. I was blessed and all the lymphomas are gone, :), anyway I am on maintenance chemo every 2 months for a couple of years to be sure it stays gone. I have owned a 2002, 2006, and 2008 Goldwings and can't think of a better touring and giant sport bike all in one.
What I am getting at is I am planning on getting a very nice 2013 wing. It has been a while since riding my last wing (Had to sell) Are there certain exercises I should do this winter? I am picking up the bike this spring. My wife is worried and thinks I need to get in better shape,. I bowl probably 5 times a week by myself (usually 4 games) and bowl on a senior league on Thursday. I have gained all my weight back and feel pretty good. My wife could be right though (She usually is) what would the members here suggest I should do to get ready to get back on the Goldwing? Thanks and I am glad to be here. Ben Willard.

1861 - 1880 of 1888 Posts