1841 - 1860 of 1888 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,328 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

Welcome to the best Honda Goldwing Forum !!
Hi GoldWing Owners,
my name is Martin, I am from Bavaria Germany, actually riding an Africa Twin, but as the years are passing by I started to play with an idea to ride a GoldWing. So I’ve started to save money and planing to buy a GoldWing in the near future. Until that time I am looking forward to read here abot the Wing as much as possible.
Ride safe
Martin

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Administrator
29,797 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Martin, the African Twin is an awesome machine. Best of luck on your quest for a Wing.

·
1,091 Posts
Hi GoldWing Owners,
my name is Martin, I am from Bavaria Germany, actually riding an Africa Twin, but as the years are passing by I started to play with an idea to ride a GoldWing. So I’ve started to save money and planing to buy a GoldWing in the near future. Until that time I am looking forward to read here abot the Wing as much as possible.
Ride safe
Martin

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum, feel free to share some pictures of your bike and locations you travel to. I know that I will never get to Germany. I bet it’s beautiful. I would like to try an Africa Twin, but money is tight here and AT’s go for a lot of money. Oh, and thanks for translating your posts for us. I see you iPhone/tapatalk line has German in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All - I have been riding bikes steady since 1977 (I'm not really that old) I started with a Honda but then went the gamut, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Harley, etc. Sold my last Gold Wing In 2015 and now purchased a 2001 Goldwing with a California Side Car Kit and trailer. Looking forward to dealing with all of you as I am new to trikes.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the add to the group. My name is Peter and have a 2010 GL1800 Navi/ABS that I bought brand new. I actually helped my dealer uncrate it when it was delivered. This is my 2nd Wing having had a 1984 Aspencade. I then went HD for many years going back to the Wing in 2010. This has been the most reliable Motorcycle I have ever owned. It's never been in service except for tires. I have done all of my own maintenance and ridden it all over the lower 48 states. It currently has about 50K miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 Goldwing 1500A
1 Posts
Hi All,

New to Goldwings,

I have an FLRT (tired of unreliable), and just bought New to me 1993 1500A, So starts the adventure....
Living in Texas so being able to actually ride consistently is going to be nice.

·
Registered
2008 ?GL1800 7A
4 Posts
Hi,
My name is Gary Richard. I'm retired now but started riding a 1967 650cc Triumph TR6 Tiger back in college (to school & between Washington DC and Ocean City, MD). I didn't ride again for many years until my son went off to school and sold me his Yamaha 650. That lead to a Yamaha 1100 and then 1600 RoadStar. I've "graduated" to a 2008 Honda Goldwing (Comfort/Nav/Abs). I bought it in 2015 and it now has about 27,000 miles. Along the way I picked up a 2002 Honda Silverwing 600cc scooter with only now 7,000 miles...great for a fast ride to the grocery store... ;-). I belong to a riding club in Northern California and, when leading a ride, I've been known to bring the "SWing" and let all the Harley guys follow me... ;-). Glad to join this forum after reading good posts and thoughts! Thanks. Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I've been riding an FJR1300ES for several years, it's my 3rd FJR in 20 years of riding. I'm looking into getting a 2018+ GW Tour and joined the forum to learn. Leaning toward a 2021+ due to the larger top trunk. Also, the price of used vs new has me leaning toward a new one, if I can actually find one! I live in the Asheville area.
Cloud Sky Plant Tire Wheel

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum, pej7445 and thanks for the photo of your bike (we like pictures here). The supply chain issues are very evident in the transportation sector and very notable for motorcycles (which are not normally considered a critical industry). Like buying a house, your options are limited to what is currently available UNLESS you are willing to be patient and wait. Good luck in your search and unless you are under a deadline, my opinion is to wait for the one that you want.

1841 - 1860 of 1888 Posts