Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1623 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

Welcome to the best Honda Goldwing Forum !!
Hello Group, I just bought my first Honda and my first Goldwing 2008 HPN 27,000 miles. First Honda I have ever owned, I traded in a 2009 Kawasaki Voyager that was LOUD and Not smooth. So happy to be riding smooth and quiet after 5 years and 22,000 miles on the Voyager. I am a 67 year old retired school bus driver from Bothell, Wa. and looking forward to some good rides. I have always owned Yamaha's and Kawasaki's first Honda and after a week I'm in love! Now I need some farkles!
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

IMG_2932.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Nice looking wing. Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and your new 2u Wing..

·
Super Moderator
11,749 Posts
Hello John, welcome to the forum from a fellow Washingtonian.

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Welcome John, to the GWOF

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Wing. It is beautiful and there isn't even any mildew or moss on it. Amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, literally just bought a 1983 GL1100 today. Doesn't run, been sitting for a few years. Has the add on trike kit. Previous owner says he bought it as a project and never got around to work on it and was out of storage space so he needed to get rid of it. Seats are in great shape and the bike is fair over all. Needs a good cleaning.

Current plans are to put a bit of oil in each cylinder, drain the gas tank, clean and rebuild the carbs, clean the tank if needed. Then try to start it up. We'll see. Worth the $700 I paid with the trike kit alone.

Decided to join as I'm 100% new to honda bikes and will likely have some tech questions. I currently have an 02 1200 Sportster which I've had for a few years. So, overall, I'm pretty new to bikes all together.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome Calaban007 to the GWOF from NE Pa. Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: Calaban007

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
Welcome to you Calaban007 from Mississippi. A couple people here are working on older Wings. Be sure to ask questions if you have them. Pictures would be good too.

Reactions: Calaban007

·
Registered
2 Posts

I am the new owner of a 2004 GL1800 with about 50K miles, i still have a 2006 VTX that i bought new and put over 85K miles on. Prior to that I had a Silver Wing GS500 that I was the first owner. and yes that does give you my age. it was my first ride with a drive shaft, and i said i would not go back. always wanted a GW and the wife and i saw this one and decided to pick it up.

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We would love to see photos of your stable.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome chips to the GWOF from the Keystone state. You are going to love your new 2u Wing and the forum.. Ride safe..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day to everyone my name is Marc I live in Northern Ca. I've been riding all my life I just purchased a new 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. I love everything motorcycle old new, all models to me its not what you ride its just that you ride. I've owned 2 Hondas,1 Suzuki, 5 Harleys and loved everyone of them. Now that I'm retired I plan to travel much more and I love talking motorcycle from great rides to accessories. I joined a similar forum for Subcompact Tractors and it has been helpful and informative met some great folks so I decided to join this forum as well. Looking forward to the same here. So keep your knees in the breeze and stay safe👍

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of Wings. We would like to hear your take on the newest generation of Goldwings.

·
Super Moderator
11,749 Posts
Hello Calaban007, chips and Marc, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All. My name is Mark. New to the forum, new to winging it. Just bought my first wing, a 1998 SE. red colour, only 85000 km (53000mi) and very broken. I will sort it shortly and hope to get some riding in before the ("S" word) flies

·
Super Moderator
11,749 Posts
Hello Mark, welcome to the forum.

If there is anything we can help with, don't be afraid to ask.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome Marc and Mark to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

Reactions: Cantankerous
1601 - 1620 of 1623 Posts