Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1573 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Goldwing Tour DCT BLACK Darkness
10 Posts
Its freakin hot here in the NW. Sayin hi to everyone. Long time rider. Last 5 bikes have been HD tour models and Softails. Last one a 114 Heritage Classic and with only 1800 miles on it I noticed noise. Long story short That bike never left the dealers service department before I dumped it for this 19 Gwing. Very happy with it and love the DCT. I tried to buy one last summer but COVID got in the way. Hope to get know some of you all.
Just to throw a wrench, I believe the Goldwing bird is the Winged Lion of Babylon..........yeah I know your going to Google it.:oops:

·
Administrator
28,999 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
Welcome to the forum and we would love to see photos of your bike.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Great looking Wing. Ride safe and enjoy and get to know the folks on the forum..

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Welcome to you wingedlion from Mississippi. Nice bike, not the fastest color but I'll bet you can keep up. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Oldhand

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Wing. From the photos I am guessing you live someplace like Arizona.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

Welcome to the best Honda Goldwing Forum !!
Hello Goldwingers. Been riding 50 years off and on, but now I'm taking on a project of resurrecting a 83 GL1100 that has sat unused in a garage for the last 18 years. I've never worked on a Goldwing before so I'm sure I can use some help. I've been a mechanic of one kind or another for most my life, so I'm not without some skills. The Goldwing was in good shape when parked, but the owner died suddenly and the bike just sat there. About 10 years ago I helped move the bike to a new location and while I was there pulled the sparkplugs and shot some oil in the cylinders and cranked it over a few times. It has not been touched since. So my plans are to replace the timing belts, clean the gas tank and replace the fuel lines and put kits in the carbs. The brake hydraulics are a mess. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them. I'm not sure if I should get the timing belt kit with water pump and tensioners, or just do the belts.
Thanks for the welcome. Chris

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your project. There are members here with a lot of experience on the classic Wings.

Reactions: Shaffer

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome aboard, Chris! I had an '83 Aspencade and loved it. When I bought it, it had been sitting for about five years and it only ran on two cylinders. Carb kits were not enough to get her running right, however. I had to get some of the old fashioned, cancer causing, dangerous-as-hell-you-are-going-to-die (according to California) carburetor dip cleaner and spent an entire weekend going through the carbs in fine detail before she ran right. Fear not, for it was all very worthwhile!

Reactions: Shaffer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome aboard, Chris! I had an '83 Aspencade and loved it. When I bought it, it had been sitting for about five years and it only ran on two cylinders. Carb kits were not enough to get her running right, however. I had to get some of the old fashioned, cancer causing, dangerous-as-hell-you-are-going-to-die (according to California) carburetor dip cleaner and spent an entire weekend going through the carbs in fine detail before she ran right. Fear not, for it was all very worthwhile!
Thanks for the welcome Terry, Having worked in auto shops for 24 years, I was exposed to every bad chemical you can think of. But so far I'm doing ok.

·
Registered
1982 Honda Goldwing GL1100
58 Posts
Hello from NW PA
I finally got a GW as I have wanted one forever. It’s a 82 1100. I am hoping to learn and maybe find some local goldwing riders and mechanics. I got excited about getting this one from an older gentleman who couldn’t ride it anymore after getting the mileage out to almost 82k. But it has some issues to work through. Biggest issue is 4th gear slipping. I may have been too rough on it when I got on the highway. I dunno.
It leaks oil, Gives off a little white smoke and the coolant is low. The frame is pretty rusty, especially around the kickstand but it’s still solid.This is my wife and I when we bought it.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to our new members to the GWOF from NE Pa. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

Reactions: HertyGirty

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
HertyGerty, welcome to the forum and thanks for the photo of your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: HertyGirty

·
Registered
2016 Honda Goldwing
17 Posts
Hi all... 55 here been riding for 40 yrs now and have ended up on a brand new 2016 goldwing comfort/audio brand new outa the box in jan 2019.. have done a few things.. added garmin, cellphone holder and wired to charge phone, back rest, luggage rack on trunk, hiway pegs, HID headlights and fog lights, blackened out the passenger pegs with plasti dip, wired some LED's inside the trunks with remote, air deflectors off the mirrors, USA flag off the antenna... its endless
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy all, New to the forum, and new to Motorcycle owning...just bought my first at age 59...1994 Goldwing Trike. Got it 10 miles from the guy I bought it from, and used reverse, and then couldn't get it to start, having the guy tow it to my place, and will work on it my self.....Still excited to be riding...soon

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome C M H Rider and Mr Smitty to the GWOF from NE Pa. Glad to have you with us. Enjoy the forum and ride safe

1541 - 1560 of 1573 Posts