Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1567 Posts

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I visited your delightful country last year at about this very time. You will really love the Goldwing on your roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I visited your delightful country last year at about this very time. You will really love the Goldwing on your roads.
Thanks
I hope the Goldwing is easier to handle than the Harley? The Goldwing is circa 50 kgs lighter.
I found the Harley heavy in the front particularly at slow speeds as the front fairing is quite large.

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
Hello davidh, welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
14,250 Posts
Thanks
I hope the Goldwing is easier to handle than the Harley? The Goldwing is circa 50 kgs lighter.
I found the Harley heavy in the front particularly at slow speeds as the front fairing is quite large.
The Wing's center of gravity is low, so I think you will be pleased. Just keep your mitts off the front brake in slow maneuver turns. But we do have I Dropped My Wing Today page to add your name when you do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Wing's center of gravity is low, so I think you will be pleased. Just keep your mitts off the front brake in slow maneuver turns. But we do have I Dropped My Wing Today page to add your name when you do.
Thanks Mark

I certainly hope I don't drop the Wing!! Yes all the Utube footage strongly advises to avoid the front brake on slow manoeuvres. Is yours the same model? Have you fitted any crash bars?
Does the 2019 DCT have a voltage display anywhere. I'm thinking of fitting the item that allows a flashing light on the display to warn that the handbrake is still on?

Regards
David

·
Super Moderator
14,250 Posts
Thanks Mark

I certainly hope I don't drop the Wing!! Yes all the Utube footage strongly advises to avoid the front brake on slow manoeuvres. Is yours the same model? Have you fitted any crash bars?
Does the 2019 DCT have a voltage display anywhere. I'm thinking of fitting the item that allows a flashing light on the display to warn that the handbrake is still on?

Regards
David
Sorry, mine is a 2010 and they all come fitted with crash bars. I believe the 2019 has something to keep most of the plastic off the ground, but someone with the new model would have to give that answer. The handbrake has been mentioned as a problem for some of being left engaged. I know someone who hangs their glove on it as his reminder to disengage the brake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, mine is a 2010 and they all come fitted with crash bars. I believe the 2019 has something to keep most of the plastic off the ground, but someone with the new model would have to give that answer. The handbrake has been mentioned as a problem for some of being left engaged. I know someone who hangs their glove on it as his reminder to disengage the brake.
Mark

I picked up the bike at the weekend and I'm delighted. Its is a lot easier to ride compared to the Harley Ultra. The bike does have a handbrake icon on the dash to let you know when it is applied.
One question for you and other forum members is 'does the 2019 Goldwing DCT tour have the battery voltage displayed anywhere? My previous bikes all had this i.e. Harley & BMW.
Surely this should be standard on such an up to date bike?
I'm not keen to be adding additional wiring to the bike to fit an aftermarket battery monitor. I am aware there are plug in cigarette lighter fittings that will offer a digital display of the battery voltage. Maybe that is the way to go?
All comments gratefully received.

Regards
David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All- Just traded my 2009 Can Am Spyder RS for a 2013 GL1800. I owned an ST1300 before the Spyder and was missing the feel of leaning on two wheels. Working my way through the owner's manual (omg). In the Atlanta area, looking for some riders in the area, ideally for getting out of town when things get a little cooler- :)

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
Hello jedijoe, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, my name is Gerard. I currently own a St1300 ABS and I am considering getting another Goldwing or BMW K1600B.
In order to find out some more about the new wing, I decided to get back on a Goldwing forum to see what I can learn from other members. I’ve been riding for 50+ years and have been through quite a few bikes. I am now looking to hopefully purchase my last bike. The ST is a great bike, but I now want a lower center of gravity, an DCT, a reverse, and all the gadgets that the Goldwing has and the ST doesn’t.

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Welcome jedijoe and dgman2 to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

Reactions: jedijoe

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
Hello Wingintheozarks, welcome to the forum.

Perfect place for an introduction. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in southern mo. 68 yrs old .retired trucker ,down to part time,lol my son in law and i just finished a 3000 mi trip from missouri to wyo. And back through devils tower, mt rushmore, sturgis (no rally yet). Through the badlands and home. I was on my 95 gl1500. He was riding a 2016 harley. Very enjoyable ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Welcome Wingintheozarks to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

1541 - 1560 of 1567 Posts