Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1567 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,250 Posts
Just bought an 81 trike with 22000 actual miles. Engine is tighter than my 78 was new! Only problem is hard shifting and almost impossible to find neutral.
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I found that changing my oil with AMSOIL helped make the shifting smoother.

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
welcome to the GWOF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! I have a new-to-me 79 GL1000. She was a true barn find. 10yrs sitting in same spot in the back of a barn. Guy just wanted it gone. Fully dressed, but removed from bike, and false tank covers and seat removed. New tires just before he sat it. Never been dropped. My son and I are restoring it back to working condition this summer. Really not as bad as we initially thought. Removed/cleaned carbs, new hoses, repaired calipers, master cylinders, LOTS of elbow grease, wire brushing and steel wool... very surprised how well she cleaned up!

Here's hoping she runs! 🤣

Oh, we live in west Michigan and also have an 86 Honda cmx450 Rebel and 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim.
IMG_20200615_171208_743.jpg
20200610_223123.jpg
20200619_131058.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Nice looking early Wing. You did a great job.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you! My son details cars and he used a steamer on most of it once we had all the parts off. Took off a TON of grease and grime. Looking forward to learning from all of you and hopefully one day help others too.

·
Super Moderator
14,250 Posts
Welcome to you from a former Michigander. I grew up in Detroit but moved down here to Mississippi in 1982. Always good to see someone keep a classic bike on the road. Keep it up and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning all. New guy from VT here with a '96 GL1500. Second Goldwing, first being an '85 GL1200. Also own a '99 Triumph Trophy, a '96 BMW R1100RT in pieces, and a '96 Sportster XL1200C. Nothing quite like having your pick to ride...and register and insure. Nice forum you guys have here, thanks for having me. Not much of a poster, more a lurker. Bob

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Welcome cabinover to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

Welcome to the best Honda Goldwing Forum !!
Hi Everybody
I'm picking up a 2019 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour model at the weekend and really looking forward to it. Moving from a 2017 Harley Ultra Limited.
I'll be learning a lot from all of the fanatics on this forum who no doubt have a world of knowledge and experience on Honda Goldwings.
I'm in Northern Ireland.
Greetings and good wishes to all.
David

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF davidh. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Super Moderator
14,250 Posts
Welcome to you DavidH from Mississippi. I've always wanted to visit Ireland. One day I will and rent a bike to see the countryside.
2018 07 07 Fire Station #7 1910, Vicksburg.jpg

1521 - 1540 of 1567 Posts