Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1574 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do not own a Goldwing but I will one of these days. 5 years ago I was ready to get a touring bike I searched for a year and a half and ended up with a used 2004 HD. I live in Las Vegas and Pahrump Nevada. I usually can get 10,000 miles in a year mostly 2 up with my lovely wife. My first road bike was a 1983 VT 750 shadow in 1984. Water cooled shaft driven self adjusting valves. It was a very good bike that I traded my broken 1973 GTO for it straight up. Rode that Honda off road as much as on. Got close to 80,000 miles out of it. My next bikes were crotch rockets and all were Yammis. My sons first road bike was a 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 which he took his motorcycle test on. He failed several times then when he was about to give up I coaxed him to try again and he passed. I was self taught and I taught him. If I were to do it again I would have taken classes and insisted that he take them also. I bought him a 2012 Suzuki DR 650 a couple years ago. I will study your forum for a while to get to know more about these dream machines.

·
Super Moderator
12,069 Posts
Hello Convince Me, welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Convince Me

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
I do not own a Goldwing but I will one of these days. 5 years ago I was ready to get a touring bike I searched for a year and a half and ended up with a used 2004 HD. I live in Las Vegas and Pahrump Nevada. I usually can get 10,000 miles in a year mostly 2 up with my lovely wife. My first road bike was a 1983 VT 750 shadow in 1984. Water cooled shaft driven self adjusting valves. It was a very good bike that I traded my broken 1973 GTO for it straight up. Rode that Honda off road as much as on. Got close to 80,000 miles out of it. My next bikes were crotch rockets and all were Yammis. My sons first road bike was a 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 which he took his motorcycle test on. He failed several times then when he was about to give up I coaxed him to try again and he passed. I was self taught and I taught him. If I were to do it again I would have taken classes and insisted that he take them also. I bought him a 2012 Suzuki DR 650 a couple years ago. I will study your forum for a while to get to know more about these dream machines.
Welcome to the forum. You won't be disappointed with any year of GoldWing as long as it has been properly maintained and regularly ridden.

·
Registered
2020 Goldwing Base - Dark w/ Red
33 Posts
Thank you for the addition.
Been lurking...just sold my '18 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse 116 and '18 BMW GS Adventure. Put many miles on those bikes with many trips like from NC down to the Keys and Daytona Bike Week.
The .99% interest for 60 months was too good to pass up on leftover '19s and '20s. I did not want a DCT (nothing against them, just not my cup of tea). Could not find a a non-DCT leftover anywhere. Lucked up last night and found one in Aiken, SC. So flew down today and picked it up and rode 300 plus miles through the Country back to NC to break it in. Just got home and posting this...

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Wing. It looks really sharp.

Reactions: Dadawada

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great find, welcome aboard from Tucson, Az.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all :) Contemplating on buying a wing. What is the difference between a Standard wing and a tour ? Besides the obvious passenger seat and back rest ? I was wondering if i bought a regular one for a great price and added the extra seat if it would be worth it ? I know those seats and backrest command some big bucks and would look into that before purchase. ..My main question is there any thing else that makes them different ? I know you guys would know more then Any dealer i could ask this question... Im looking at 2018 and up.. Thanks to all ! Happy Motoring....

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have not heard of any differences between the models except for the storage and the pillion nest.

Reactions: Mr. Ted

·
Registered
210 Posts
They're different, the standard doesn't have the electronic select suspension from what I read.

Reactions: Mr. Ted

·
Super Moderator
9,812 Posts
Welcome to all our new members. Enjoy the GWOF and ride safe..

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Welcome to the forum, BoltStripper. From your handle, we have something in common.

1501 - 1520 of 1574 Posts