Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1548 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. Created my account here, figured I would stop in and say hi. Currently I own a 1983 GL 1100 aspencade. Previously I owned a 1981 Silver wing, a 1981 GL 1100 interstate, and a 1982 naked GL 1100.

as you can see I'm kind of partial to the early eighties body styles. I have done quite a bit of mechanical work on my Goldwings, I rebuilt the engine on the 81 interstates completely. I don't currently have the manual for this new bike I just got it yesterday oh, so I will probably have some questions for you guys in the coming days. I appreciate your help in advance, and I will do my best to help out where I can

Screenshot_20200426-023556.png

·
Super Moderator
14,215 Posts
Welcome to you Crumbliss. Sure enjoy seeing someone keep the old classics out on the road.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum Crumbliss. Thanks for the pictures although I can only see the middle one. This site has been having photo issues and they are working on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks NREMTP. There is only one picture there. I was posting from my phone and it would not upload the picture so I just did a screenshot and that did post

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Not a GW owner at the moment but on my list of bikes I want to own. Currently ride a 2004 BMW 1200 GS. Cant imagine not having it but have made room in the garage for something different, sometimes I think smaller, sometimes larger. Indecision is an awful thing, but on the otherhand I'm sure it has saved me £1000's

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum gb's. If you have any questions or want comparisons from people that have gone from BMW to Goldwings, just start a thread and ask away. It usually just depends upon your own circumstances and tastes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here, just picked up a previous running GL1100. don't know much about it right now but im diving head long into it. Live in South Dakota, and we have some decent stretches of fun roads to burn.

·
Super Moderator
11,476 Posts
Hello H4yT3r, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from North Central Minnesota,

I am retiring the end of May and considering selling off my Ultra and getting a Goldwing trike so we can do some longer trips. Not a Goldwing owner quite yet but I'm exploring the market and looking over the various trike options out there. I'm over the need for rumble and we also have about a 1/4 mile of gravel to get out to the blacktop, so a trike would be much easier to handle on that stretch. Any tips on GW trike shopping? -Dave

·
Super Moderator
11,476 Posts
Hello and welcome.

I responded on your other thread as well. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I just traded my 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S for a brand new 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT yesterday.
I had a fun 80 miles ride to bring it home. Can't wait for the weather to get better, they're calling for snow this weekend here in Greater Toronto Area but we will get there. I'm sure that this bike will be an absolute blast.

·
Super Moderator
28,128 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF to some of the new guys above.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Welcome to all you fine newcomers. Enjoy the site!

·
Super Moderator
9,668 Posts
Welcome to all the new folks who have recently joined the GWOF. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought an 81 trike with 22000 actual miles. Engine is tighter than my 78 was new! Only problem is hard shifting and almost impossible to find neutral.

1501 - 1520 of 1548 Posts