Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1497 Posts

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Zippy. Congrats on your first Wing. It looks like you may have some wrenching in your future.

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Welcome along the GWOF, a nice project bike, for a nice price. If you need any input, let us know

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Super Moderator
11,938 Posts
Hello Zippy92, welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome Zippy92 to the GWOF from the keystone state. Enjoy your new 2u Wing and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
14,556 Posts
Welcome to you Zippy92, ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to Goldwing's, and this site so hopefully this went in the correct spot. It's my 6th bike and just now my wife said aren't those things dangerous? I bought a 1997 GL 1500, red and very sharp looking for fun as I near retirement. A friend did my pre-buy inspection and test drive. All seemed exactly as advertised and I should have it home tomorrow. I was away from motorcycles for 9 years so I'll take it slow getting back in the saddle. Now my wife wants me to take her out for ice-cream on the bike once I am comfortable with it. High risk Ice cream? I don't go fast... anymore.

Jim

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Goldwings. We would love to see a photo of your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome PTP to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
11,938 Posts
Hello Jim, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

Welcome to the best Honda Goldwing Forum !!
Hello Group, I just bought my first Honda and my first Goldwing 2008 HPN 27,000 miles. First Honda I have ever owned, I traded in a 2009 Kawasaki Voyager that was LOUD and Not smooth. So happy to be riding smooth and quiet after 5 years and 22,000 miles on the Voyager. I am a 67 year old retired school bus driver from Bothell, Wa. and looking forward to some good rides. I have always owned Yamaha's and Kawasaki's first Honda and after a week I'm in love! Now I need some farkles!
This is the official introduction thread.... come one, come all, and let us know about yourself..... feel free to share as little or as much information as possible, but PICS of your BIKE are APPRECIATED ... as well as year / model / options / mileage etc

Welcome to the best Honda Goldwing Forum !!
IMG_2932.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Nice looking wing. Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and your new 2u Wing..

·
Super Moderator
11,938 Posts
Hello John, welcome to the forum from a fellow Washingtonian.

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Welcome John, to the GWOF

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Wing. It is beautiful and there isn't even any mildew or moss on it. Amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, literally just bought a 1983 GL1100 today. Doesn't run, been sitting for a few years. Has the add on trike kit. Previous owner says he bought it as a project and never got around to work on it and was out of storage space so he needed to get rid of it. Seats are in great shape and the bike is fair over all. Needs a good cleaning.

Current plans are to put a bit of oil in each cylinder, drain the gas tank, clean and rebuild the carbs, clean the tank if needed. Then try to start it up. We'll see. Worth the $700 I paid with the trike kit alone.

Decided to join as I'm 100% new to honda bikes and will likely have some tech questions. I currently have an 02 1200 Sportster which I've had for a few years. So, overall, I'm pretty new to bikes all together.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your new project.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome Calaban007 to the GWOF from NE Pa. Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: Calaban007

·
Super Moderator
14,556 Posts
Welcome to you Calaban007 from Mississippi. A couple people here are working on older Wings. Be sure to ask questions if you have them. Pictures would be good too.

Reactions: Calaban007
1401 - 1420 of 1497 Posts